pope

Status
    Anonymous

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE
    Monica Lewinsky Saga in the Works as 'American Crime Story' Season (Exclusive)

Ryan Murphy has optioned Jeffrey Toobin's book 'A Vast Conspiracy: The Real Sex Scandal That Nearly Brought Down a President.'

l3eJ84n

With seasons two and three of FX anthology American Crime Story already in the works, showrunner Ryan Murphy is eyeing the franchise's future beyond that.

Murphy has set his sights on exploring the Monica Lewinsky scandal for a subsequent season of the franchise, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. To that end, Murphy and American Crime Story producers Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions have optioned author Jeffrey Toobin's 2000 best-seller A Vast Conspiracy: The Real Sex Scandal That Nearly Brought Down a President as source material. Toobin's book The Run of His Life: The People v. O.J. Simpson served as the inspiration for the Emmy-winning first season of the anthology. Toobin was deeply involved in the first season and served as a consultant to the writing staff.

Sources tell THR that Murphy and producers are fast-tracking the drama and already are meeting with actresses to portray Lewinsky and colleague Linda Tripp, who secretly recorded Lewinsky's conversations about her alleged affair with then-President Bill Clinton.

x

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Primo episodio sui Versace ok, ma l'accento della Cruz non si può sentire. So che tutti dicono che anche Donatella parla male l'inglese, ma Penelope aggiunge a quello la cadenza spagnola e io capisco a stento quello che dice. Al netto di questo grande performance la sua e anche quelle di tutti gli altri.
    Sto anche leggendo Vulgar Favors, che è molto interessante.

Group
    slashers

Status
    E alla fine il caso Lewinsky sarà trattato nella terza stagione, Katrina … a questo punto non so quando e se la evdremo.

CITAZIONE
    They had us at “Sarah Paulson as Linda Tripp.”

FX announced Tuesday that American Crime Story‘s third season will focus on the Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky scandal, with Paulson playing Lewinsky’s infamous “confidante” Tripp. The role of Lewinsky, meanwhile, will be played by Booksmart breakout Beanie Feldstein. Rounding out the principal cast will be Masters of Sex‘s Annaleigh Ashford as Paula Jones.

Titled Impeachment: American Crime Story, the third chapter of Ryan Murphy’s Emmy-winning franchise will begin production in February ahead of a Sept. 27, 2020 premiere date. Impeachment will be written by Sarah Burgess, based on Jeffrey Toobin’s bestselling book A Vast Conspiracy: The Real Story of the Sex Scandal That Nearly Brought Down a President

Lewinsky will serve as a producer on the project.

“FX’s American Crime Story franchise has become a cultural touchstone, providing greater context for stories that deserve greater understanding like the O.J. Simpson trial and saga, and Andrew Cunanan’s tragic crime spree which concluded with the assassination of Gianni Versace,” said FX Chairman John Landgraf in a statement. “This franchise re-examines some of the most complicated, polarizing stories in recent history in a way that is relevant, nuanced and entertaining. Impeachment: American Crime Story will likewise explore the overlooked dimensions of the women who found themselves caught up in the scandal and political war that cast a long shadow over the Clinton Presidency.”

American Crime Story‘s third season was initially going to revolve around Hurricane Katrina, but Landgraf confirmed last winter that “Katrina is not still in the mix.” The Lewinsky scandal had been discussed for Season 4, but last year Murphy announced that those plans had been dropped. “I told [Monica], ‘Nobody should tell your story but you,’” Murphy related to THR at the time. “‘If you want to produce it with me, I would love that…. [Y]ou should make all the goddamn money.’

[URL=https://tvline.com/2019/08/06/american-crime-story-impeachment-season-3-monica-lewinsky/][/quiURL]

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Avevo letto tempo fa che avevano deciso di anticipare questo caso rispetto all'altro, speravo anche che ormai fossero più in là con le riprese ;_; comunque approvo la scelta dell'attrice e ovviamente anche quella di Sarah Paulson che è sempre approvata <3

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE
    Clive Owen to play Bill Clinton for FX's Impeachment edition of American Crime Story

Today, in potential accent-based high crimes and misdemeanors: Clive Owen has been cast as Arkansas-born former president Bill Clinton in FX’s upcoming American Crime Story installment, Impeachment. The British actor—who recently popped up in Will Smith’s Gemini Man, after two seasons of doing the very grossest sorts of surgeries on Cinemax’s The Knick—has signed on to play Slick William himself in the network’s exploration of the Monica Lewinsky scandal, with Beanie Feldstein playing the former White House intern, who’s also producing on the show.

tutto qua!

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous

ic8GnjA

CITAZIONE
    Murphy ran into Lewinsky at a party, and said as much. "I told her, 'Nobody should tell your story but you, and it's kind of gross if they do,'" he told the Hollywood Reporter. "'If you want to produce it with me, I would love that; but you should be the producer and you should make all the goddamn money.'"

His wish came true. Lewinsky is producing the third installment of FX's Murphy-produced American Crime Story, and is presumably making all the goddamn money.

[...]

CLIVE OWEN WILL TAKE ON THE ROLE OF BILL CLINTON
    Owen—known for his Academy Award-nominated work in Closer, as well as starring in Children of Men and Inside Man—is set to play the embattled former president, per Variety. The show is currently searching for its Hillary.

IT STARS BEANIE FELDSTEIN AS LEWINSKY.
    Feldstein has quickly become a rising star in Hollywood, after her breakout roles in Booksmart and Lady Bird.

She'll share the screen with Sarah Paulson as Linda Tripp, and Annaleigh Ashford as Paula Jones.

LEWINSKY WAS HESITANT AT FIRST TO SIGN ON, BUT ULTIMATELY WENT FOR IT.
    "People have been co-opting and telling my part in this story for decades," Lewinsky told Vanity Fair. "In fact, it wasn’t until the past few years that I’ve been able to fully reclaim my narrative; almost 20 years later."

She added, "But I’m so grateful for the growth we’ve made as a society that allows people like me who have been historically silenced to finally reintroduce my voice to the conversation. This isn’t just a me problem. Powerful people, often men, take advantage of those subordinate to them in myriad ways all the time. Many people will see this as such a story and for that reason, this narrative is one that is, regretfully, evergreen."

IMPEACHMENT WILL OFFER A MUCH-NEEDED REEXAMINATION OF THE SCANDAL.
    FX CEO John Landgraf said the show will highlight "the overlooked dimensions of the women who found themselves caught up in the scandal and political war that cast a long shadow over the Clinton Presidency." The book is being adapted for the miniseries by playwright Sarah Burgess.

IT WON'T PREMIERE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 2020.
    The first episode is slated to air on Sunday, September 27, 2020, at 10 p.m. on FX. According to a recent report from Deadline, though, that schedule may be in flux.

src

Group
    slashers

Status
    E dopo tanto tempo ecco il trailer

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Non vedo l’ora che arrivi in streaming, negli scorsi mesi mi sono ascoltata un podcast sullo scandalo e sono prontissima ✨

Group
    slashers

Status
    A me è piaciuta, l'unico difetto che le ho trovato è che indugia tropo sugli eventi che hanno portato allo scandalo in sé. E' vero che gli americani li conosco ma io di questo caso sapevo solo che cominciava con lei che rilasciava la prima dichiarazione. Ovviamente il processo in sé ha a malapena due puntate quando poteva occupare da solo metà serie; per il resto... si, mi è piaciuta, non come la prima stagione ma è stata bella

39 replies since 2/3/2017, 17:00   382 views