I Borgia per Dante Gabriel Rossetti

« Older   Newer »

1. marie.

User deleted

Tutti

CITAZIONE
    In this painting the British artist Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1828-1882) contrasts the innocence of the dancing children with the dangerous scheming of the adults in the background. The three adults are the villainous Pope Alexander VI, his son Cesare Borgia and his daughter Lucrezia Borgia. It is thought that this is a depiction of the apocryphal story of Lucrezia murdering her husband, Duke Alfonso, with the help of her father. There are clues to the story in the picture: on a table in the background is a flask, which may contain the poison, and there are two poppies - traditionally emblems of sleep and death - beside it.
    collections.vam

e Lucrezia

CITAZIONE
    Rossetti began work on this subject in 1860 at a time when he was especially interested in the history of the infamous Borgia family. In this watercolour Lucrezia Borgia washes her hands after poisoning her husband, Duke Alfonso Bisceglie. She is aided in the crime by her father, Pope Alexander IV. The reflection in the mirror shows him assisting the Duke to walk, thereby ensuring that the poison thoroughly infects the entire body. Burne-Jones was clearly influenced by the composition when painting the evil heroine Sidonia von Bork (see no.2). Many years after finishing the watercolour, Rossetti revised the details of Lucrezia's face.
    tate.org

2. Sam 221B

User deleted

Non mi piacciono molto questi ritratti, se devo essere onesta, sono un po' troppo caotici per i miei gusti, e poi Lucrezia è brutta OO

3. Filippa Lillonza II

User deleted

A me non dispiacciono invece...sarà perchè Rossetti l'ho sempre apprezzato..

4. marie.

User deleted

E' il pieno stile di Rossetti, anche nella struttura massiccia delle donne ^^ non sono i suoi miglior lavori, ma più che delle fisionomie mi lamento dell'assunto di Lucrezia avvelenatrice...

Advanced Member

Group
    vice-chancellors

Status
    Anonymous
    Non mi fanno esattamente impazzire, anche se ne apprezzo comunque la bellezza, ma chiedere di resistere ad un soggetto interessante come quello di Lucrezia avvelenatrice era, forse, troppo!!!

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Decisamente sono meglio dal punto di vista artistico che "storico" =)

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    A me non dispiacciono affatto, sarà che i preraffaelliti mi affascinano e poi l'abito di Lucrezia nel secondo quadro a me pare bellissimo.

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Sì è un sogno! È quando leggi la spiegazione della scena che :/ però non dimentichiamo che quelli erano gli anni d'oro delle leggende borgia e.

7 replies since 13/6/2011, 11:35   543 views