Jeremy Irons (Rodrigo Borgia)

JEREMY

« Older   Newer »

1. boleyns

User deleted

beh Jeremy Irosn è un grande attore, di esperienza (; penso che la serie abbia quel qualcosa in più anche data la sua interpretazione di Rodrigo
    CITAZIONE
    su mister B. lo perdoniamo, anche perché all'estero sono in molti convinti che quasi tutti gli italiani siano fedeli sudditi del capellone di Arcore

eh abbiamo proprio una 'bella' fama in giro XD

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    D'altronde che dovrebbe pensare? E' stato eletto tre volte ed ha ancora un tale consenso..

Due parole sulla serie

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Ieri ho visto Lolita. A parte che era un bel film, ma quant'è bello LUI? Mamma mia.

4. Nainerouge

User deleted

sì il film è molto fedele al libro (che non ho amato molto, cioè carino ma non lo trovo così eccezionale) ed è fatto piuttosto bene :)
    lui è veramente pericoloso dal punto di vista ormonale.

5. fiammetta_michaelis

User deleted

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

che bonazzo <3 in questa foto lo vedrei come cesare *_*

6. boleyns

User deleted

CITAZIONE

che sguardo *W*
    se avessero girato The Borgias qualche anno fa ci sarebbe stato bene (;

7. marie.

User deleted

Era sconvolgentemente bello XD mi spiegate perchè gli uomini da vecchi son quasi sempre fighi?

8. fiammetta_michaelis

User deleted

CITAZIONE (boleyns @ 8/5/2011, 18:34) 
    CITAZIONE

che sguardo *W*
    se avessero girato The Borgias qualche anno fa ci sarebbe stato bene (;

vero!

CITAZIONE (marie. @ 8/5/2011, 18:41) 
    Era sconvolgentemente bello XD mi spiegate perchè gli uomini da vecchi son quasi sempre fighi?

eheheh me lo domando anche io! ci sono persone che da giovani sono insignificanti mentre con l'età si ""abbonazzano"" XD

9. boleyns

User deleted

CITAZIONE (fiammetta_michaelis @ 8/5/2011, 19:53) 
    CITAZIONE (marie. @ 8/5/2011, 18:41) 

eheheh me lo domando anche io! ci sono persone che da giovani sono insignificanti mentre con l'età si ""abbonazzano"" XD

i grandi misteri della vita XD

10. fiammetta_michaelis

User deleted

LOL XD

11. marie.

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Irons is grateful that things are different now from when he started. “Cable leaves you alone more than the networks do,” he says. “I suppose because they have their regular subscribers, they’re not so worried about playing it completely politically correct.”

Showtime’s The Borgias is in line with the trend in contemporary historical series on “premium cable,” whether HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, AMC’s Mad Men or Showtime’s The Tudors. they have luxurious production values, high-test acting talent and historically accurate scripts… well, accurate up to a point. “We’re not making a documentary,” Irons says, “we’re making a drama, so it has to work on that level.” In fact, the new movie-quality series on premium cable value relevance more than accuracy. The characters pointedly remind their audiences of their own social hierarchies.

And the producers of The Borgias didn’t have to cheat to echo contemporary life. As Irons says, “We are pretty damned accurate, actually.” He diligently learned all he could about Borgia and his family to construct a living portrait. He read 15th- and 16th-century accounts of Borgia’s life and worked closely with the production’s papal consultant to ensure accuracy. He says Pope Alexander VI was “more of a king than a pope,” exhibiting human flaws both large and small. Borgia commanded a small army that fought for territory, and he was the father of 12 children, some of whom were kept near the Vatican. He was profoundly disappointed in his eldest son, Cesare, who became an atheist. “He expected him to become pope himself,” Irons says. And when Borgia faints in the first episode after being crowned, Irons was being historically accurate. “He fainted seven times that day, he says. “He was 62, and he was wearing heavy clothes on a very hot day in Rome.”

Irons’ job wasn’t quite as grueling as Pope Alexander’s, who came close to absolute authority for five months, with Budapest standing in for Rome. Irons put the character away at the close of each day, but he admits that he explores parts of himself with any character he plays. “So you get to know yourself a little bit better,” he says. No throwback greaseball, then- Irons’ Pope Alexander is a little fussy, quite British (“I was raised Anglican”) and infused with a resigned posture that intimates that this classical relic was as frustrated with bureaucracy as any modern leader. Irons’ Pope Alexander VI is a schemer and intimidator, but he is imbued with a droll, eye-rolling impatience. He seems to be always expecting disappointment, on the verge of a deep sigh, wondering, Who are these robed dolts? Can we just get on with it? “Indeed, I think he was frustrated,” he says. Irons points out that this attitude will be familiar to most people who have children or anybody who follows the news: “I’m sure that your president is often very frustrated with the Senate.”

While our leaders are either as frustrated or as frustrating as ever, perhaps it’s we the people who have changed the most. “I think the great difference between then and how we now perceive the Vatican and the pope, indeed how we perceive all our leaders, is we expect them to be snowy white,” Irons says. “There was an understanding at that time that man was a sinner, that man was frail. He would try to be better, but there was an understanding that man’s natural inclinations made him a constant sinner. I think today we expect the pope to be on the next level. In fact, even our president would be somebody we can look up to. It wasn’t quite the same then: Back then it was somebody that you respected and somebody you feared.”

So, did Irons, an Academy Award-winning leading man, base some of his performance on direct observation of powerful people? “Oh, no,” he demurs. “I’m just a regular vagabond- an actor. I do get a chance through my work to meet a very wide sort of selection of people, that’s true, I suppose. Although I’ve never met the pope.” He pauses. “Ahm, I suppose I’ve been to the Vatican.” Has he maybe read the pope’s new book? “No, I didn’t,” he says. “I don’t think that would be of any help, really.”

xx

12. Sam 221B

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Has he maybe read the pope’s new book? “No, I didn’t,” he says. “I don’t think that would be of any help, really.”

A domanda scema... ma perchè avrebbe dovuto leggere il libro del Papa, di grazia?! Questo papa e Alessandro VI sono due persone ben diverse se non sbaglio =.="
    Comunque Jeremy è sempre Jeremy, non posso fare a meno di adorarlo.. sarà che ho un debole per gli attori che iniziano con "J"

13. Nainerouge

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Sam 221B @ 22/5/2011, 12:32) 
    CITAZIONE
    Has he maybe read the pope’s new book? “No, I didn’t,” he says. “I don’t think that would be of any help, really.”

A domanda scema... ma perchè avrebbe dovuto leggere il libro del Papa, di grazia?! Questo papa e Alessandro VI sono due persone ben diverse se non sbaglio =.="

Look a parte, sì XD

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous

image image

da jeremyirons.net

15. marie.

User deleted

I ship it.

119 replies since 9/4/2011, 17:08   4907 views