'Not ashamed': Actor François Arnaud of 'The Borgias' comes out as bisexual

« Older   Newer »

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE
    François Arnaud is opening up about his sexuality.

In a note on his Instagram Story Sunday, the 35-year-old actor, known for his lead role as Cesare Borgia in Showtime's "The Borgias," publicly came out as bisexual ahead of Bi Visibility Day on Wednesday.

[...] Arnaud began his post by describing a situation where was talking about an ex to some of his friends from work.

"Last week, I was chatting with work friends, and as I brought up a trip I'd taken with an ex-girlfriend, I asked myself—for the ten-thousandth time—how to tell such a story without making it seem like that was the whole story of me," he began. "I'm sure many bisexual guys feel the same and end up doing as I did: letting other people's assumptions of straightness stand uncorrected."

He continued: "Perhaps out of fear of oversharing. Under the guise of privacy, maybe. Probably because 'masculinity' is a most fragile currency, ready to nose-dive at the first sign of vulnerability or difference."

The actor also noted that it's "really (expletive) scary to give up your privilege" by coming out, adding that bisexuality still carries "stigmas of indecisiveness, infidelity, deception and trendiness."

[...] "Not confused or trying to look edgy," he added. "Not disloyal. Not ashamed. Not invisible. Happy #bivisibilityday this Wednesday."

Tutto qua

0 replies since 27/9/2020, 23:13   79 views