'The Borgias' should have finished properly, says creator

« Older   Newer »

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous

NqQhCqQ

CITAZIONE
    Byzantium director Neil Jordan has said that it is "tragic" that The Borgias ended without filming the final episode.

The historical drama was cancelled by Showtime in June this year and a planned two-hour finale was scrapped, being released only as an e-book script.

"It would have been great to finish it," Jordan told Digital Spy.

"It's kind of tragic to not be able to finish the whole story. I kind of got a sense that a new regime came into Showtime. They were kind of moving on, there's not much I can do about it in the end.

"There was a huge campaign and people wanted me to get involved in a Kickstarter campaign. The problem was that the finale I wanted to shoot was going to cost about $15 million and Kickstarter financing doesn't reach that far does it, as far as I know."

Asked if programmes like Kickstarter pointed at the future of TV funding, Jordan said: "No, I think if people start cable series they should finish them!

"I do, really. We began The Borgias, we should have finished it. It's one of those things that was out of my hands really."

Read more: www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a518...l#ixzz2gPmfbVUN

0 replies since 30/9/2013, 22:44   129 views