The Borgia Apocalypse: Neil Jordan releases final movie script

« Older   Newer »

1. marie.

User deleted

IUv3nbf

CITAZIONE
    Breaking ‪#‎TheBorgias‬ News! SHOWTIME and THE BORGIAS creator Neil Jordan are excited to announce the release of his new e-book, THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE, based on his original script for THE BORGIAS two-hour finale. THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE will be available this week via major e-retailers. We’re thrilled that the series’ loyal fans will have the opportunity to read Neil’s final farewell to one of history’s most infamous families.

facebook

Edited by marie. - 12/8/2013, 20:23

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE
    “So here we have the words. We don’t have the pictures, the costumes, the actors, but the fans can at least read how I would have concluded the story. And since the most avid fan of the series was myself, I should state that I am available to direct this, should Showtime ever change their minds.”

source

Compra il libro in formato kindle:

V5lKnLK

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EHJMWHO

3. xcusemymonkey

User deleted

Ho letto quello che ' si può leggere '.
    Naturalmente il tono era quello delle puntate, ma non capisco quale sia il costo. E soprattutto se lo posso scaricare anche io che non ho kindle e magari leggerlo in pdf al pc #ignoranza

4. marie.

User deleted

Immagine

Cucciolina ç____ç

5. xcusemymonkey

User deleted

Meh, ha fatto la baldracca pure lei eh u_u Lo doveva sapere che coi fratelli psicopatici non si scherza.

6. marie.

User deleted

Prima scena Cesare/Lucrezia

INT. ST PETER’S. DAY.

Lucrezia sits in the half empty church, like a widow in mourning. She looks up and sees Cesare walking towards her.

CESARE
    Is the rumor true. Sis? That you considered taking Holy Orders?

LUCREZIA
    I even considered a name, brother. Sister Angela.

CESARE
    Sister Lucrezia is infinitely preferable.

He stands above her.

LUCREZIA
    There is something to be said for the quiet of a nunnery. Those sisters are at peace in their hearts.

CESARE
    And this sister is not?

He places his hand against her cheek.

LUCREZIA
    No. Not as yet.

And she can’t resist it. She touches his hand.

CESARE
    May I sit?

LUCREZIA
    You may.

CESARE
    I heard another rumor. That my sister, whom I love so much, was hiding from me.

LUCREZIA
    I am afraid, brother. To be in the same room as you.

CESARE
    You are afraid of me?

LUCREZIA
    You know what I’m afraid of. Myself. You’re here. And I have that old illusion. That God has stepped in the room with us.

CESARE
    We are in St Peter’s. God’s very room.

LUCREZIA Ah.
    So that explains my beating heart.

She lays her head on his shoulder.

CESARE
    And will you hide from me again?

LUCREZIA
    Yes. I will leave again. You will do your damndest. To track me down again.

CESARE
    I have another solution, sis. You could marry.

LUCREZIA
    I have tried that. Twice.

CESARE
    You could marry as I have done. For convenience. Then we would both be free to meet. To love. Without scandal.

LUCREZIA
    Marry whom?

CESARE
    Some duke. Some noble. Some prince. Whom such an arrangement suited. Marriage should be nothing to do with the heart, Lucrezia. I learned that in France. Never confuse love with marriage.

LUCREZIA

Yes. The results can be lethal.

CESARE
    So have I your permission to begin the search?

LUCREZIA
    You? The way our father did?

He reaches for her. She turns away.
    LUCREZIA (CONT’D)
    Don’t you understand, brother? I want to find a love… that will free me from this love…

He sits, watching her for a moment.

CESARE
    I have had news, sis. I am to be a father.

And she turns, and is overwhelmed.

LUCREZIA
    Oh, Cesare –

She takes his hand, brings it to her cheek.

LUCREZIA (CONT’D)
    Oh my love, I cannot wait. To think, a child of yours, to play with Giovanni…

And she turns away again.

LUCREZIA (CONT’D)
    You have won again, haven’t you? You knew the effect those words would have.

CESARE
    Can I be blamed for hoping?

LUCREZIA
    No.

She plays with his hand, over her lips.

LUCREZIA (CONT’D)
    So. You would find me a husband. The way my father did.

CESARE
    Ferarra has made overtures.

LUCREZIA
    You already have one in mind.

CESARE
    They need our alliance. The Duke is past his youth. He would need an heir. But make no demands beyond that…

He rubs her lips.

CESARE (CONT’D)
    On your heart.

LUCREZIA
    Ah, so. My heart can still belong to you…

Seconda scena Cesare/Lucrezia

Lucrezia comes back up the stairs, to find Cesare at the top.

CESARE
    Sister.

LUCREZIA
    Cesare.

CESARE
    I had hoped to meet Bembo.

LUCREZIA
    Oh, he gives his apologies. He had forgotten a prior engagement.

He looks at her closely.

CESARE
    Perhaps it’s just as well.

LUCREZIA
    You think?

CESARE
    Yes.

He puts his arm around her.

CESARE (CONT’D)
    Ferrara is far weaker than I thought. And Florence is not keen on that alliance.

LUCREZIA
    Ah. We must not disappoint Florence.

CESARE
    We can, happily, but there are other possibilities. In France, for instance.

LUCREZIA
    France?

CESARE
    France is full of gouty dukes and princes, in need of an heir.

LUCREZIA
    But all that will take time, brother.

CESARE
    Perfect. And we shall put it to perfect use…

He kisses her on the cheek.

CESARE (CONT’D)
    And I have a favour to ask. That only one with your grace could deliver to me.

LUCREZIA
    Ask, then.

CESARE
    Cardinal Della Rovere. We would invite him to dine with us.

LUCREZIA
    With us?

CESARE
    With me, and our father. To discuss our differences. See if we can put them to rest.

LUCREZIA
    Why me?

CESARE
    Let me count the answers.

He puts his arms around her.

CESARE (CONT’D)
    You are intelligent, you are diplomatic, you are beautiful, and you are and always will be…

He kisses her.

CESARE (CONT’D)
    MINE…

source/source

Il finalissimo

EXT. STREETS OF ROME. DAY.

Micheletto drives a carriage out of Rome. Inside it we see the sweating, feverish figure of Cesare Borgia.

MACHIAVELLI (V.O.)
    A prince may be seen happy today and ruined tomorrow without having shown any change in his character.

INT. LIBRARY. DAY.

Machiavelli scribbling with a feathered pen.

MACHIAVELLI (V.O.)
    For the prince who relies entirely on fortune is lost when it changes…

The camera tracks into the vellum page, as he writes.

IT DISSOLVES INTO -

The thundering hooves of horses, over a dusty arid landscape.

Cesare Borgia is riding, sword drawn, towards an oncoming group of horsemen. He is flung from his horse by a spear, that pierces him through. As he falls, he calls out –

CESARE
    Micheletto!!!

Micheletto turns, leaps from his horse, runs back towards him. As he runs, arrow after arrow pierces him, twisting his body this way and that. Then a shot from an arquebus shatters his shoulder, throwing him into the dust.

As his hand reaches out for Cesare’s, the camera tracks into Cesare’s dying face.

IT DISSOLVES INTO –

The portrait of Cesare Borgia by Altobello Melone. A legend reads:

LEGEND
    Cesare Borgia died fighting vainly to reclaim the lands and territories he had once conquered.

EXT. HILLTOP IN FERRARA. DAY.

A party on horse back. A carriage behind them. Lucrezia, Vanozza, Giovanni and Pietro Bembo.

BEMBO
    And there it is. Ferarra.

As he guides their horses down to the beautiful town, nestled among Italian hills, the landscape freezes, into the classic landscape of Ferarra by Dosso Dossi.

IT DISSOLVES INTO –

The beautiful portrait of Lucrezia Borgia, by Bartolomeo Veneto. A legend reads:

LEGEND
    Lucrezia Borgia lived out her life as Duchess of Ferrara, patroness of the arts, and of the poet Pietro Bembo.

INT. ST PETER’S. DAY.

The papal crown is placed on Della Rovere’s head. Surrounding him, all of the magnificent pomp of the Renaissance Papacy. A choir sings a Magnificat.

IT DISSOLVES INTO –

The portrait of Pope Julius, by Raphael. A legend reads:

LEGEND
    Cardinal Della Rovere became Pope Julius the Second. He commissioned the Sistine Chapel from Michelangelo and the rebuilding of St. Peter’s into the basilica that still stands today.

THE END.
    source

Edited by marie. - 12/8/2013, 23:22

Ignite, my love. Ignite.

Group
    pinturicchio

Status
    Anonymous
    Beh se la faccenda sta così sono contenta che non gli abbiano dato i soldi per fare il film. Sembra fanfiction di bassa lega, per non parlare poi del finale. Sono senza parole e non certo a causa di sentimenti gioiosi.

8. marie.

User deleted

Lo sto leggendo pian pianino, sono arrivata al lol forever del
    rossetto avvelenato di Caterina Sforza.
    Appena finisco scritto tutte le impressioni XD

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Group
    incesters

Status
    Anonymous
    Noo, ma io non ho il kindle >.<

10. marie.

User deleted

Allora:

-Un minuto di silenzio per la parola CONDOTIORRE
    -La cosa delle labbra di Caterina Sforza è orrenda come idea e come immagine e sono contenta di non averla vista
    -Reparto Ferrara: Bembo è una new entry graditissima, chissà chi avrebbero scelto. Alfonso d'Este gay è una cazzata ma rispetto ad altre è un peccato veniale
    -Ho shippato Cesare/Micheletto MOLTO intensamente a sto giro.
    -Mi è piaciuta Lucrezia con la suorina, è molto 'da Lucrezia'.

Detto ciò.

Lucrezia coi suoi scrupoli sarò sincera non mi dispiace per nulla, è accurate, il problema semmai è tutto quello che è successo tra S2 e S3. Non era lei che avvelenava a destra e a manca? Ora è tutta schifata? XD si dirà che le hanno ucciso il grande amore, ma Lucrezia non ha esattamente dato a vedere di amare Alfonso. I'm tired of my husband, the only thing that never tires me is you, l'ha detto lei e l'hanno scritto loro, se lo ricordano? Non lo dico perché amassi particolarmente quella frase, anzi, ma perché è segnale lampante di come abbiano cambiato completamente il personaggio. A me Lucrezia che prende in mano la situazione, persino tradisce la sua famiglia, come idea stuzzica tantissimo e devo dire che sarebbe bello vedere Holly in quei panni, ma cozza TROPPO col passato. Neil avrebbe dovuto evitare l'incesto se non lo voleva, e adesso direi che pare chiaro che non lo volesse, perché fare e disfare genera mostri.

Dall'altro lato mi pare che NJ abbia dimostrato ancora una volta la simpatia per DR. Rodrigo all'inferno è meh, DR elogiato altrettanto meh, però è di parziale consolazione che Lucrezia gli scarichi la colpa dei propri avvelenamenti e anche che consideri il trono papale come punizione sufficiente (ripeto, Lucrezia mi piace da morire, l'unico problema è la continuity zero con il passato).

Infine Cesare, su cui tristemente non ho molto da dire: trovo ottima l'idea di frapporre il finale alle parole del Principe, perché ci stavano bene e avrebbero fatto un montaggio molto evocativo. Il Cesare di questo script è finalmente uno stronzo coi fiocchi, e trovo che ci stia, così come la gelosia folle per Lucrezia (e al contrario di Lucrezia ha continuity con le scorse stagioni); quindi mi sta bene nonostante il motivo ridicolo per cui fanno Magione. Non mi ha colpito particolarmente, ma quello vale dalla S1.

Devo riservare un ultimo affettuoso pensiero a quelle che si lamentano della inaccuratezza storica dello script: hanno benedetto qualunque colossale minchiata finché dava loro l'incesto, e adesso si indignano. Purtroppo Neil ha sempre scritto a fatti suoi, prima o poi avrebbe fatto un torto anche a loro. Io mi piango tutti quelli passati tbh XD

Comunque boh, su goodreads si becca due stelline. Non è un granché ma lo trovo meglio della S2 e della S3 XD

11. xcusemymonkey

User deleted

Allora, ho letto quello che hai postato su Cesare e Lu.

Non so, a momenti sarebbe stato più carino il finale di due serie intere.
    Comunque sia per la cosa FF, è normale nel senso che leggiamo solo battute poi avrebbero pensato gli attori a renderlo in una determinata maniera (alla fine tra costumi, location e recitazione in TB non potevamo lamentarci, era il resto che faceva schifo).
    Hanno messo D'Este! Ma è gaio, quindi insomma siamo sempre lì, lol. Che poi d'ESTE gay è tipo un WTF enorme, ma Neil ha scombinato tutto figurarsi!
    Bella la scena della morte di Cesare ;_;
    E.... PIETRO BEMBO! Mi sarebbe piaciuto tanto vederlo ;_;

Ragazze, una lettrice gentilissima su Facebook ci fa sapere che Amazon mette a disposizione un programma utilissimo e GRATUITO per leggere gli ebook sul pc!

12. marie.

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Ragazze, una lettrice gentilissima su Facebook ci fa sapere che Amazon mette a disposizione un programma utilissimo e GRATUITO per leggere gli ebook sul pc!

Wiii che cosa carina!
    In ogni caso se andate sul tumblr del forum c'è il download diffuso dalle fan, è un semplice pdf e quindi potete leggerlo sul computer!

CITAZIONE
    Non so, a momenti sarebbe stato più carino il finale di due serie intere.

Buh ho pensato lo stesso XD cioè, mi rendo conto che Lucrezia è molto OOC considerando com'era nella serie, ma... Boh, a me nella serie non piaceva quasi più XD non so proprio. Forse dovrei vederlo (cosa impossibile) per giudicare.

13. princessofdarkness39

User deleted

Mi dispiace dirlo ma questa volta sono rimasta delusa... ho appena finito di leggerlo e non mi è piaciuto per niente <_<

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Ho l'impressione che lui volesse sì finirla in questo modo, ma che risulti tutto più affrettato e improbabile per via del fatto che sono due ore anziché dieci!

15. Vænessa

User deleted

Sto seriamente rimpiangendo di aver voluto leggere questo aborto di copione O_O Le 3 cose decenti sono il ritorno di Micheletto,la morte di Rodrigo/Inferno a seguire,Senigallia. MA, MA anche qui c'è la fregatura,perché Micheletto torna solo per far convertire un etero convintissimo come Cesare e Senigallia avviene per vendicare,per l'ennesima volta,una Lucrezia scopertasi gay e schizofrenica. (Non parliamo della schizofrenia di Cesare nel tagliare le labbra a Caterina và)
    Lucrezia è la cosa peggiore però: all'improvviso viene letteralmente posseduta dal demonio e decide,per un'amore fulmineo verso Bembo(che non viene nemmeno descritto o caratterizzato in pratica) di uccidere suo padre e suo fratello che non le hanno fatto nemmeno la metà del male che le fecero subire nella realtà.E se uno volesse pensare:voleva uccidere solo suo padre. Ma è chiaro che lei non poteva sapere che Cesare non sarebbe morto,è stato un puro caso. E per giunta dopo aver ridotto suo fratello ad un colabrodo,come ringraziamento per aver rinnegato la vera natura del pg e averla sempre protetta e adulata,lei gli da il bacio finale di Giuda.E lo manda a morte comunque,anche se non per avvelenamento. Morte insulsa e non eroica come nella realtà.dato che viene detto che tentò inutilmente di riconquistare i territori da lui persi. Che furbizia. In più non si vede nulla del suo periodo d'oro,non gli si fa godere nemmeno un pò la conquista(conquista che non si vede proprio,salvo Forlì). Tutto il lato incest poi è stato demonizzato il più possibile,capisco che si voleva rendere negativa una cosa come l'incesto,ma è tutto troppo contraddittorio,va ben oltre l'odi et amo(citazione fin troppo abusata in tutte le stagioni). Quando ci sta lei non ci sta lui e viceversa. Bah.Ah,e ovviamente Cesare era Lucrezia e Lucrezia era Cesare. Mi chiedo: ma secondo Jordan cosa dovevamo trarne da questo script? Che Lucrezia era la più cazzuta della famiglia?(Dafne,avevi ragione) Lei lo era,ma in un'altro senso.

25 replies since 12/8/2013, 18:36   2302 views