Peaky Blinders (BBC)

« Older   Newer »

1. marie.

User deleted

48083_166264926891610_1828316584_n ANNABELLE_GRADED MCCRORY_GRADED

tumblr_mqut8x_Om_FE1qci1qdo1_r2_500

CITAZIONE
    Peaky Blinders is a forthcoming British historic crime drama series, created by Steven Knight (Dirty Pretty Things and Eastern Promises) and produced by Caryn Mandabach Productions and Tiger Aspect Productions.

The story starts in 1919 in the poor and crime ridden neighbourhoods of post war Birmingham. Returning World War I fighters, political revolutionaries and criminal gangs all fight for an existence in an industrial landscape engrossed by economic problems. Firearms smuggled home from the trenches find their way into the communities, Communists are planning for a violent revolution and the Parliament is expecting it. Winston Churchill mobilizes his Special Branch forces to deal with these threats.
    This TV series focuses on the Shelby family, whose many brothers and sisters, cousins and uncles, make up the fiercest gang of all, the 'Peaky Blinders'. Named for their practice of sewing razor blades into the peaks of their caps, the Peaky Blinders make their money from off-track betting, protection and robbery.
    The Peaky Blinders are led by Tommy Shelby, the most violent brother of them all, but his leadership is about to be put to the test. A merciless Police Chief C.I. Campbell arrives from Belfast to clean up the city and, perhaps even more dangerous, a beautiful woman named Grace Burgess arrives in the neighborhood with a mysterious past and a dangerous secret.

wiki

Potete vedere il trailer qua!

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Ovviamente lo vedrò perché è BBC ormai guardo solo cose loro ! Mi sto guardando un'altra serie intitolata The Village e anche lì come sfondo c'è la prima guerra mondiale...mi viene il dubbio che sia tornato di moda fare serie di questo periodo per via del grande successo di Downton Abbey ...

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    M'hanno già convinta a "Sam Neill" e "Annabelle Wallis" ma comunque il trailer è una figata spaziale #linguaggioalto

4. marie.

User deleted

AJSHFGSDKJFAD

5. marie.

User deleted

C'è una buona notizia e una cattiva. Prima la cattiva:

- Sono solo 6 episodi

Ora la buona:

-Vogliono fare la seconda stagione, che dovrebbe partire nel 1922.

KAJDBGSJGBSKDG

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (marie. @ 1/10/2013, 19:33) 
    C'è una buona notizia e una cattiva. Prima la cattiva:

- Sono solo 6 episodi

Ora la buona:

-Vogliono fare la seconda stagione, che dovrebbe partire nel 1922.

KAJDBGSJGBSKDG

Parlihamo del secondo episodio che per me è superiore al primo, anche solo per la serie di inquadrature iniziali quando fanno a pugni...non so ma li ho amato anche le musiche oltre che le espressioni ed i movimenti ! Adoro zia Polly, Ada mi sembra scemina e il comunista buh...non mi fido per niente di lui, mi pare uno che chiacchiera tanto ma stringi stringi vale mezzo soldo! Thomas è THOMAS cioè che Cillian Murphy che non mi ero mai cagata mi è parso un attore con i controbolidi, soprattutto in quella scena con Annabelle quando sono loro due nel pub e lei inizia a cantare e lui dice che ha già il cuore spezzato... ;___; li sono morta, ma più che altro perché l'inquadratura finale con loro due entrambi immobili è da quadro !

7. marie.

User deleted

Registicamente 'sta serie è un capolavoro, parliamo della sala da tè? Quell'inquadratura con WolseySam Neill nell'angolino e quella parete meravigliosa?
    Cillian mi spezza il cuore, davvero! Comunque ha delle ciglia assurde, noi donne gliele invidieremo per sempre XD

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Aahahahahha si è vero ha delle ciglia assurde ! E' molto efebico ...però è davvero meraviglioso come interprete e anche nella scena con Sam Neill erano perfetti , infatti ha una grande fotografia pure!

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Annabelle Wallis ha detto di Cillian che non voleva competere coi suoi zigomi XD
    Sì è una fotografia perfetta *w*
    Ah, ecco l'opening:

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Ah be' la colonna sonora è meravigliosa ! Mi piace tantissimo e ci sta tutta anche con gli episodi..comunque ho scaricato la terza puntata e mi preparo a vederla ;__;

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Mi ero dimenticata di risponderti su Freddie, sarò sincera a volte pure io fatico a capirlo XD a parte che sembra fare l'agitatore comunista proprio di lavoro, cioè non ha un impiego tolto quello? XD e sinceramente ho nutrito dubbi anche sui suoi sentimenti per Ada, mi è parso quello che sta con lei giusto per sbandierare che "I can handle Tommy Shelby"! Nella 3 mi sono convinta che è sincero, ma mi resta il dubbio se sia scritto così apposta o se sia mancato qualcosa alla sua caratterizzazione...

12. marie.

User deleted

Ho appena scoperto che Annabelle è la nipote di Richard Harris :ph34r:

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    OMMIODDIO SE C'HO CAPITO UNA CIPPA ADESSO ODIO GRACE.

La 4 è grande raga

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (‚dafne @ 2/10/2013, 20:44) 
    Mi ero dimenticata di risponderti su Freddie, sarò sincera a volte pure io fatico a capirlo XD a parte che sembra fare l'agitatore comunista proprio di lavoro, cioè non ha un impiego tolto quello? XD e sinceramente ho nutrito dubbi anche sui suoi sentimenti per Ada, mi è parso quello che sta con lei giusto per sbandierare che "I can handle Tommy Shelby"! Nella 3 mi sono convinta che è sincero, ma mi resta il dubbio se sia scritto così apposta o se sia mancato qualcosa alla sua caratterizzazione...

Appunto, non so mi pare scritto apposta e sui sentimenti che prova verso Ada non mi pare sincero
    anche il fatto che non abbia voluto partire con lei incinta ma sia voluto rimanere è più una cosa di orgoglio che amore non so...
    Non mi piace . non mi fido.... *cesara sospettosa*

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Wiii i veri Peaky Blinders

69789515_30972

article_2417281_1_BC05051000005_DC_778_634x527

article_2417281_1_BC05225000005_DC_119_634x391

articolo
    altro articolo

Qui l'autore parla di come ha pensato allo show, dice che suo prozio era un peaky blinder (squeee XD)

CITAZIONE
    Knight explains: “The reason it came to me was that my parents grew up in Birmingham in the 20s. My mum, when she was nine years old, was a bookie’s runner; they used to use kids to take bets because it was all illegal. My dad’s uncle was part of the Peaky Blinders. It was reluctantly delivered, but my family did give me little snapshots, of gypsies and horses and gang fights and guns, and immaculate suits.

One of the first stories that inspired me was of my dad when he was a little kid, sent to deliver a message. There was a table, covered in money and guns, surrounded by blokes, beautifully dressed, drinking beer from jam jars. You didn’t buy glasses. You only spent money on clothes.”

This atmosphere is captured wonderfully in Peaky Blinders. The gang’s control in Birmingham has a Wild West quality, where the violence is instrumental and strategic, never savage or incidental, and the rules of society are being broken and remade in front of you.

But their lives are burdened by far more than the pressures of self-interest. The casualties of the First World War are everywhere: men who had survived the bullets, but would go to their graves before post-traumatic stress was recognised. The authorities were no good to these shell-shocked men: if anyone was going to watch over them, it would have been men like the Peaky Blinders.

The war and its aftermath are dealt with in an original and oblique way, as a hangover that nobody would acknowledge, but everybody had. Knight says that a load of clichés dominate how this interwar period is played out in drama: “We tiptoe towards things because we’re afraid of being seen to be glamorising or mythologising anything. If it’s post-First World War, it’s all officers shooting themselves. Or it’s flappers, being done in the way flappers have always been done. But why would they behave like that? It was only a couple of years before then that you couldn’t show an ankle, and suddenly they were in really short skirts. Why? Because they didn’t give a damn.”

As grim as the period must have been, from the distance of decades this is a transfixing time, decadent and bacchanalian, traumatised and anti-authoritarian, deeply political, desperate for things to be different, but petrified of change. “I think there was a loss of faith in technology: before the war, there was this belief that every new discovery meant more progress.

Then nations just took all they’d learnt and used it to destroy each other,” says Knight. “The idea of the King’s authority became a joke, for a while, because people in power had been sending 60,000 men to their deaths every morning and the blokes knew it was pointless. They’d get the order [to go over the top], and think, ‘No, you’ve made a mistake, there are machine guns, and we’re going to get killed.’”

Alongside that anarchic hatred of authority there was a real hunger for change, a genuine Communist movement, and the authorities were terrified. One always forgets that this could ever have been a feature of the landscape, here – that a government could ever believe in the people being revolutionary, or that anybody could ever have that appetite for upheaval. But the threat was both real and perceived. A policeman’s strike in 1919 lent ballast to the idea that the old world order had no defenders left. I always think of the persecution of Communists as an American disease, a short-lived, collective madness. But it’s wrong to think Britain didn’t suffer this paranoia.

“Men were arrested for sedition and sentenced to six years for speaking in public about Communism,” says Knight.

“They were taken away and beaten up. I remember my dad saying a bloke would stand up and talk about the Russian Revolution and they’d grab him, put him in a van and you wouldn’t see him again. You think, that’s not what it says in the books. But when you do research, get papers from the period, you realise this is what happened. It’s a secret history.”

Predictably, with a paranoid government and the impossibility of telling a revolutionary from a malcontent, life became very restrictive, close to a police state. Knight’s vivid memory is of his grandfather. “He was wounded in the Somme, so he had a bullet in his shoulder his whole life. I remember my dad telling me that in 1926 he opened his door and there were British soldiers stationed there, pointing machine guns at his front door. And he’d just given everything to his country. These were people just like us, you know. They were no different to us, inside.”

radiotimes

90 replies since 10/8/2013, 16:28   1848 views