Gabriella Pescucci e i costumi di The Borgias

« Older   Newer »

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous

Video

i_borgia_neil_jordan_gabriella_pescucci_lucrezia_oro_2 i_borgia_neil_jordan_gabriella_pescucci_lucrezia_oro_3 i_borgia_neil_jordan_gabriella_pescucci_lucrezia_oro_4 i_borgia_neil_jordan_gabriella_pescucci_lucrezia_oro_5
    src

1e019d56b75c968b5bbe301c3689f08d cesare_coronation_1 cesare_coronation_2 cesare_coronation_3 cesare_coronation_4 lucrezia_dress_3 lucrezia_dress_5 lucrezia_dress_6 lucrezia_wedding_1 lucrezia_wedding_3 lucrezia_wedding_4

4a3e619a6b4089eb73ba2c39c9401b63 8b284fc29d804cbef11350dbfcdce00b

9d6e42c45efb309abeee9045d010fa9b 581dc23f4d2b4480cf4b0caeb3848318 882128ab3ca5eea3f9a0a5e0b9edf6ff

aa278033668473b6699f3ec1d33087d5 1bf93635cc9f5ec852482f7d2df8e006 b8b116fd585ed411530111b2699a24e5

source & more

Edited by ‚dafne - 15/5/2018, 16:45

2. marie.

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Gabriella Pescucci (Rosignano Solvay, 1941) è una costumista italiana.

Ha studiato presso l'Accademia di Belle Arti di Firenze, ed ha iniziato la sua carriera a Roma come assistente del grande Pierluigi Pizzi e di Piero Tosi (in Medea di Pasolini). Ha lavorato nell'ambito dell'opera lirica (dove viene ricordata sia per i suoi costumi di pura fantasia, come per quelli della Norma con le scene di Mario Ceroli, oppure frutto di accurata ricostruzione storica come quelli per Un ballo in maschera, entrambi alla Scala di Milano).

Ma ha lavorato altrettanto intensamente e con notevoli risultati anche in ambito cinematografico. Nel 1994 vinse il premio Oscar ai migliori costumi per L'età dell'innocenza (The Age of Innocence). Ricevette altre 2 candidature: nel 1989 per Le avventure del barone di Münchausen (The Adventures of Baron Munchausen) e nel 2006 per La fabbrica di cioccolato (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). Ha inoltre vinto sette nastri d'argento per Fatti di gente per bene (1975), Divina creatura (1976), La città delle donne (1980), Il nome della rosa (1987), Le avventure del barone di Munchausen (1990), L'età dell'innocenza (1994) e La fabbrica di cioccolato (2006). Per i suoi costumi ha anche vinto due David di Donatello con Il mondo nuovo (1982) e Il nome della rosa (1987) e un BAFTA per C'era una volta in America (1985). Nel 2007 disegnò i costumi per l'Opera popolare Giulietta e Romeo.

Sue creazioni sono i costumi della serie tv The Borgias scritta e diretta da Neil Jordan nel 2011.

Alcuni costumi

3. Filippa Lillonza II

User deleted

Non sapevo avesse lavorato con Pasolini...adoro la Medea!

4. brunilde;

User deleted

Io ho visto L'età dell'innocenza e i costumi sono una cosa spettacolare. L'Oscar è meritatissimo.

5. Loo

User deleted

E' della scuderia Tirelli. Una sartoria cinematografica e teatrale straordinaria, hanno realizzato anche per Marie Antoniette e loro è anche il famoso abito di Angelica nel Gattopardo. Fanno anche i costumi per La Scala.
    Possiedono molti autentici dal quale traggono i dettagli e sono quasi maniacali.
    Io aspetto che carichino le foto dei costumi sul loro sito, perchè intendo replicarne almeno uno (non so ancora quale).

www.tirelli-costumi.com/

6. marie.

User deleted

Ah grazie, non sapevo questa cosa! Quindi anche Milena Canonero fa parte di questa società? Direi che il comune denominatore è che ne esce roba stupenda...

7. Loo

User deleted

Si, sono una sorta di cooperativa. A lavorarci ci sono un cinque costumisti ed una cinquantina di sartine.

8. marie.

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    EMMYS: Gabriella Pescucci of 'The Borgias'

Borgias_101_2148_20110819201442-e1313784912587-275x259

Gabriella Pescucci the costume designer and costume supervisor Ulivia Pezzetti are nominated for their painstakingly detailed costumes for the lavish Showtime series The Borgias starring Jeremy Irons, Francois Arnaud, and Holliday Grainer. Nominated for Outstanding Costumes For A Series for the episode "Lucrezia’s Wedding", this is the first Emmy nod for Pescucci, who has been nominated for two Academy Awards (The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory) and won an Oscar in 1993 for The Age Of Innocence. Pescucci says she approached the Showtime series as she would a feature film like The Name Of The Rose, another of her credits. “Never did I think of the costumes for the TV. The color, embroidery, jewelry, this was on such a grand scale. Never in my long years of doing this job did I ever have this number of costumes. Maybe 3,000 costumes, if you count the actors, hundreds of soldiers, all the priests, plus doubles and more costumes for the stunt people.”

The Borgias is set in 1492 and details the intrigue, sensuality, and murderous antics of the Vatican and the Rome nobility along with the calculated rise of the Borgia family. Her research was aided by the portraiture of the time. “A lot of painters’ work from that period are in museums and online. Little by little, we made photocopies to get the women’s faces, hairstyles, clothing, also the clergy and the soldiers. There are also a lot of paintings of crowds, people working in the streets, maids and cooks. Lots of cooks!” But the research often surprised her. “If you are looking in the right way, you are always surprised by something you find, something you didn’t think would be in that period. A button or a sleeve. Even the men’s underpants in that period were so small. They really look like normal underpants of men today.”

Most of the liturgical costumes for the series were rented from outlets in Rome where they still make uniforms for the Vatican. But many of the ecclesiastical costumes had to be made. “It was very difficult to find old factories that made the fabrics in the old way,” admits Pescucci. “We found some factories in northern Italy, a factory in Sicily and one in London that specializes in fabric typical of that age.”

And as with all period shows, after the design and construction of the costumes, the aging, dying and distressing of them took weeks and weeks. “Knees, elbows, also hemlines. Even for Lucretia’s gowns, there was a bit of aging,” explains Pescucci. “Nothing could look brand new.”

Pescucci particular likes the episodes with weddings. “There are two major weddings in the series, Lucretia’s and Sancia’s. So we had to have two completely different color palettes. At Lucretia’s it was hot colors like pink, orange, red and gold. Lucretia herself wears a gold and white gown. But at the Sancia’s wedding, the colors were cooler, lots of greens, blues and silvers. With all the female wedding guests having to have the embroidery, nets, and hair décor match their dresses, it was a lot of work.”

All of actors had to get used to the weight and fit of the heavy constricting period costumes. “Some of the women have never worn that kind of costume. But little by little, they got used to the layers, the corset, then underwear, another petticoat, then another petticoat.” It wasn’t just the ladies who had to endure. When Jeremy Irons did the big coronation scene he was wearing four layers of costume. And they were shooting in August. “The big cape weighed about nine pounds. The hat was about 11 pounds because it was heavy metal and stones, nothing plastic, all real. And it was so very hot.” Irons sang the praises of Pescucci’s Borgia costumes to the press recently. “It’s sumptuous, I mean really sumptuous. And you can freeze frame and there’s painting after painting after painting.”

xx

9. marie.

User deleted

La Pescucci ha scelto gli abiti per questa mostra di costumi famosi. Dateci un'occhiata, è stupenda!

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (marie. @ 17/9/2011, 13:24) 
    La Pescucci ha scelto gli abiti per questa mostra di costumi famosi. Dateci un'occhiata, è stupenda!

Ho appena visto il servizio al Tg2 e ho esordito con un "Quella è la costumista dei Borgia !"

#letlovein.

Group
    incesters

Status
    stima per questa donna! questi vestiti sono stupendi *-*

12. marie.

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    'The Artist,' 'Thor,' 'Bridesmaids' Among Costume Designers Guild Award Nominees

The guild released its list of nominees for the ceremony Wednesday, with a diverse list of contenders that included "Thor," "Bridesmaids," "The Artist." "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 2" and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."

On the TV front, HBO's "Boardwalk Empire" and "Game of Thrones" are both up for nods, as well as Showtime's "The Borgias" among others.

The ceremony, which will be hosted by Jane Lynch of "Glee" (which is also up for an award), will take place on Feb. 21 at the Beverly Hilton.

Here's the full list of nominees:

EXCELLENCE IN CONTEMPORARY FILM

Bridesmaids – Leesa Evans & Christine Wada

The Descendants – Wendy Chuck

Drive – Erin Benach

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – Trish Summerville

Melancholia – Manon Rasmussen

EXCELLENCE IN PERIOD FILM

The Artist – Mark Bridges

Jane Eyre – Michael O’Connor

The Help – Sharen Davis

Hugo – Sandy Powell

W.E. – Arianne Phillips

EXCELLENCE IN FANTASY FILM

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 – JanyTemime

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – Penny Rose

Red Riding Hood – Cindy Evans

Thor – Alexandra Byrne

X-Men: First Class – Sammy Sheldon

OUTSTANDING CONTEMPORARY TELEVISION SERIES

Glee – Lou Eyrich& Jennifer Eve

Modern Family – Alix Friedberg

Revenge – Jill Ohanneson

Saturday Night Live – Tom Broecker& Eric Justian

Sons of Anarchy – Kelli Jones

OUTSTANDING PERIOD/FANTASY TELEVISION SERIES

Boardwalk Empire – John A. Dunn, Lisa Padovani

The Borgias – Gabriella Pescucci

Game of Thrones – Michele Clapton

Once Upon A Time – Eduardo Castro

Pan Am (Series) – Ane Crabtree

OUTSTANDING MADE FOR TELEVISION MOVIE OR MINI SERIES

Downton Abbey – Susannah Buxton

The Kennedys – Christopher Hargadon

Mildred Pierce – Ann Roth

EXCELLENCE IN COMMERCIAL COSTUME DESIGN

Carl’s Jr.: “Miss Turkey” – Francine Lecoultre

Dos Equis: “The Most Interesting Man in the World” – Julie Vogel

Swiffer: “Country Dirt Cowgirl” – Roseanne Fiedler

x

13. Miss.ChatterBox

User deleted

Ci piace. ùù
    Non conoscendo la concorrenza, non so però quante possibilità abbia di vincere. Come sono i costumi di DA, per esempio? (visto che so che qualcuno qui lo segue --> *tutti tranne lei*)

14. marie.

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Come sono i costumi di DA, per esempio? (visto che so che qualcuno qui lo segue --> *tutti tranne lei*)

Diciamo che nella categoria son tutti buoni tranne quelli di OUAT secondo me, che sfiorano il carnevale. Tra DA e BE, a parità di epoca, sceglierei BE perché sono più... scintillosi. Anche quelli di Pan Am son belli ma tra tutti nessuno show richiede la metà della creatività di The Borgias, penso O_O

15. marie.

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    'The Borgias' Season 2: Lucrezia Borgia's fashion rises in power

Paintings from the 15th century inspire Academy Award-winning costume designer Gabriella Pescucci to design and create some of the most intricate and beautiful costumes on television for the Sunday Showtime drama "The Borgias."

"I love to do my job," she tells Zap2it. "It is period, and I have such a big department to work with and seamstresses and the possibility to do everything new. Not just the costumes, but also the masks, the armor and all the headpieces and the nets for their hair. Today it's rare to have the possibility to work in this situation for television. Showtime is very generous," she says.

Pescucci says her second year working on the series was even better than the first because knowing everyone on the set and being familiar with the fabric allowed her to focus more on the costumes.

In the case of the character Lucrezia, played by Holliday Grainger, that meant undergoing a transformation that makes her look older and powerful. The first two photos below are from the first season, when Lucrezia was wearing light colors to make her look younger. The third photo is from the second season, when Lucrezia wears stronger and richer colors, and her jewelry is much bigger.

This dress is silk and hand-embroidered. Pescucci used a lot of old sari from India and cut it and handstitched beads on the costumes. The sleeves are also silk, and the puffy part is made from organza, which is a light silk from India surrounded with trimming. The cross was made in the same color as the necklace, and the chain has little pearls.

The dress is almost the same design as the blue one. The pink is more childish, and the corset is part of the dress. The skirt and bodice are attached to the corset. Before the costume is closed, the corset is closed very tight. This cross also was made, and it's more gold with rubies.

Lucrezia's sleeves were changed in the second season to make her look older. Here the sleeves from shoulder to elbow are very puffy and from elbow to wrist are fitted.

source

BFaws

EJCfw

tumblr_m2x54aSkjv1qbwusyo1_400

Edited by marie. - 14/3/2013, 14:47

46 replies since 2/4/2011, 08:21   4021 views