tMacT2I

Non sono sicura di aver capito la ricollocazione ma.... ok? XD

Advanced Member

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Oh, abbiamo una data <3
    CITAZIONE
    Non sono sicura di aver capito la ricollocazione ma.... ok?

La ricollocazione non mi stupisce, credo che ormai sia più comune trasporre i drammi di Shakespeare in epoche e luoghi diversi che non mantenere l'ambientazione storica originale. Sono esperimenti che possono funzionare molto bene, spero che anche questo R&J non deluda!

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Non è tanto il fatto in sé che sia stata cambiata "l'epoca" quanto l'idea che ci sia una guerra tra valori cattolici e secolari. Cioè, è vero XD, ma non credo che due famiglie arriverebbero a odiarsi tanto sanguinosamente in nome degli uni o altri. Comunque sono curiosissima di vederlo. Ieri ho dato un'occhiata a "Sto pensando di finirla qui", che non ho finito perché era molto angosciante ma mi ha fatto apprezzare da morire l'attrice.

Advanced Member

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Trailer e clip dell'adattamento di R&J con Josh O'Connor, che sarà trasmesso il 4 aprile su SKyArts:

Su GQ c'è un'intervista in cui O'Connor spiega un po' come hanno girato il film:

CITAZIONE
    The reason for our Zoom encounter isn’t technically to talk about his incredible turn in The Crown, but for his latest part, in a production of Romeo & Juliet with Jessie Buckley filmed in the backstage spaces of the otherwise-unused National Theatre just before lockdown at the end of last year. They almost didn’t finish it – the new lockdown rules were announced just as they were racing to a close. “But we managed to get it over the line and I’m so proud of it. To say we’ve made this film during a global pandemic is kind of remarkable.”

The result is rather remarkable – half film production, half stage show – and more than anything else gives the thrill of watching two of the best young actors working today playing opposite each other.

Still, says O’Connor, filming was rather unusual. All the cast would be tested twice a week for Covid and it was only after receiving the result that they would have a three-hour “intimacy window”, where he and Buckley were allowed to film close-up scenes together. “So Jessie and I would be waiting for our test results, find out we’re negative, then, ‘Great, we can do the balcony scene! We’re able to kiss!’”

As great as it was to be acting again, this approved “intimacy window” had some other benefits – namely, actual human contact. Joy!

“The funniest day was when we were going to do a fight scene. And all the lads were being very laddy, like, ‘Yeah, fighting today! We love fighting! Fighting fighting!’ And as soon as the negative tests arrived everyone started hugging and giving each other kisses. It was great! It was a gift.”

And as O’Connor points out, it actually mirrored the play itself. “That’s all they do. They spend the whole play snatching moments away from their parents. They don’t actually spend that much time together. They have, like, three scenes together. And in one of those, at any given moment one of them is dead.”

Still, he says, rehearsing was a challenge, as the other person wouldn’t be there. He had various stand-ins, he says, to replace Jessie as Juliet. “We had pillows. Let me tell you, it was hard going from one of the greatest actors of my generation [Buckley] to acting opposite a pillow.”

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Sembra bellissimo ;-; e normalmente non amo R&J.

Advanced Member

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Non riesco a trovarlo uff

In onore del compleanno di Shakespeare (con un giorno di ritardo), vi lascio il mio sonetto preferito, il numero 90 <3

CITAZIONE
    Then hate me when thou wilt; if ever, now;
    Now, while the world is bent my deeds to cross,
    Join with the spite of fortune, make me bow,
    And do not drop in for an after-loss:
    Ah, do not, when my heart hath 'scoped this sorrow,
    Come in the rearward of a conquer'd woe;
    Give not a windy night a rainy morrow,
    To linger out a purposed overthrow.
    If thou wilt leave me, do not leave me last,
    When other petty griefs have done their spite
    But in the onset come; so shall I taste
    At first the very worst of fortune's might,
    And other strains of woe, which now seem woe,
    Compared with loss of thee will not seem so.

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    In cerca dei romanzi Hogarth ho scoperto con sommo disappunto che proprio quello da cui volevo cominciare, Hamlet, non solo non è uscito ma sembra non fare più parte del piano editoriale. Penso che per consolarmi (?) inizierò con Othello di Chevalier. Sono ancora dubbiosa su Hag-Seed nonostante sia di Margaret Atwood (o forse proprio per quello, dopo The Testaments xD) perché The Tempest non è proprio la mia play preferita.

96 replies since 26/1/2014, 00:30   1310 views