Wolf Hall (BBC 2015)

« Older   Newer »

Advanced Member

Group
    umanisti

Status
    Anonymous
    Promo BBC con Wolf Hall (a 1:10 circa). Compaiono Enrico, Anna, Cromwell e Gardiner

Video

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Voilààààà:
    CITAZIONE
    The miniseries based on Hilary Mantel’s Wolf Hall will premiere on PBS on April 5th.

src

Advanced Member

Group
    umanisti

Status
    Anonymous

WH_GK_29_5_14_02463_cropped_1024x731

Edited by ‚dafne - 19/11/2014, 23:59

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Sinossi ufficiale:
    CITAZIONE
    BAFTA-winning director Peter Kosminsky directs this major adaptation of Hilary Mantel’s Booker Prize-winning novels Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies for BBC Two. Mark Rylance stars as Thomas Cromwell, puppet master in Henry VIII’s volatile court. A former soldier and banker from humble beginnings, Cromwell clears the path for the King’s divorce from the Catholic Catherine of Aragon, allowing Anne Boleyn to become Queen. England is left vulnerable and isolated following this break from Rome and when Anne fails to produce the heir that will secure England’s future, King Henry turns his attention to plain Jane Seymour. Once again Cromwell must manipulate the court to satisfy Henry’s desires, whilst navigating his own meteoric rise.

Written by Peter Straughan and also starring Damian Lewis and Claire Foy.

x

5. Ilithyia Laeta 86

User deleted

Nuova still di Anna:
    www.facebook.com/656477751060385/p...?type=1&theater
    Mi piace molto!

tumblr_nfcntre_QGL1qzberoo1_1280

Edited by ‚dafne - 21/11/2014, 19:34

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Grazie <3 altre di Henry e Crumb:

tumblr_nfc57k_Vt_Kk1r2cke8o1_1280

Advanced Member

Group
    umanisti

Status
    Anonymous
    Nuova di Cromwell:

10384612_823473294360829_6995146380723710547_n

x

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Henry e Wolsey:

HywpiFLs 4xA0GyRs

Fonti: xx

La press release aggiunge al cast Natasha Little nel ruolo di Liz, la moglie di Cromwell.

Pp6fphms

CITAZIONE
    Fresh from the hit drama Homeland, Emmy®-nominated
    Damian Lewis will play Henry VIII opposite Mark Rylance as Thomas Cromwell in the much
    anticipated adaptation of Hilary Mantel's Booker Prize-winning novels which has begun
    filming. Wolf Hall will air in the U.S. on MASTERPIECE on PBS.
    Wolf Hall is a Company Pictures and Playground co-production for BBC Two and
    MASTERPIECE in association with BBC Worldwide.
    Bafta-winning director Peter Kosminsky (White Oleander) will direct the flagship drama that
    charts the meteoric rise of Cromwell in the Tudor court, from his lowly start as a blacksmith's
    son to Henry VIII's closest advisor.
    Claire Foy (Little Dorrit) will play the calculating and ambitious Anne Boleyn in the six-part
    mini-series written by Oscar®-nominated Peter Straughan (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy).
    Other casting includes Jonathan Pryce (Cranford) as the ostentatious and powerful Cardinal
    Thomas Wolsey, Joanne Whalley (The Borgias) as Henry 's first wife Katherine of Aragon,
    Mark Gatiss (Sherlock) as the haughty Stephen Gardiner, Secretary to the King, Anton Lesser
    (Endeavour), as the heretic hunter Thomas More, Mathieu Amalric (The Grand Budapest
    Hotel) as Ambassador of Spain Chapuys, Charity Wakefield (Sense & Sensibility) as Anne's
    sister Mary Boleyn, Jessica Raine (Call the Midwife) as Anne's sister-in-law Jane Rochford,
    Bernard Hill (Five Days) as the King's military commander the Duke of Norfolk, Richard
    Dillane (The Dark Knight) as the King's brother-in-law the Duke of Suffolk, Thomas BrodieSangster
    (Game of Thrones) as Cromwell's ward Rafe Sadler, Natasha Little (Case Histories)
    as Cromwell's wife Liz and Saskia Reeves (Wallander) as her sister Johane.

Niente Jane, posso ufficialmente immaginare che non esista proprio nella miniserie XD

Edited by ‚dafne - 2/12/2014, 00:31

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    RAGAAAAA

jpg a253c7371256239 4a6186371256247 62f93e371256259

radiotimes
    CITAZIONE
    Author Hilary Mantel has seen the adaptation, and "loves it" according to producer Colin Callender.
    The drama is set to air early next year.

Advanced Member

Group
    umanisti

Status
    Anonymous
    Altre foto promozionali dei personaggi tra cui Joanne/Caterina:

7bdc46371270596 7fe8cb371270610 c1ab56371270627 56c4cd371270645 d757aa371270663 1137dd371270676 df8c10371270686 c5cfa3371270699 ba7c1d371270710 88f677371270719 cc18df371270727

MORE MORE MORE MORE

Bts/stills

4049b5371271852 b5b35d371271867 91a466371271878 fe3e2e371271893 8f2248371271908 145bb3371271920 74d03b371271932 5e63c5371271947 jpg jpg c9ac9b371271993 0f9baa371272003 ad5387371272015 d6abdc371272037 8ab08e371272057 42da79371272077 d65532371272090 e4212a371272104 0f387d371272122 8f981b371272134

MORE MORE MORE

Edited by ‚dafne - 11/12/2014, 00:21

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Ci siamo raga, questa è Kate Phillips aka Jane Seymour!

tumblr_inline_nge2fqkQDY1qdd2w4

CITAZIONE
    She has set the casting world abuzz in the UK, and although fresh to the film industry, has put herself firmly on the list of actresses to watch.

Not only is Wolf Hall her first role, it was also her first professional TV or film audition: she certainly nailed it. “This could be the highlight of my career,” she says, although that seems unlikely.

Phillips has just turned 25 as she completes her MA at Guildhall, following her degree in theatre from Leeds University.

“I knew what I wanted to do,” she says, and she certainly pursued it. It took Phillips two years to get into drama school after she finished university.

As a child, she moved around a lot. “I grew up in Esher but left when I was 10 — we went to Nottingham, Bristol, south-west London, Surbiton, Leeds.

“I moved around so much, when I did the school play, I was good at that and it made me feel like I belonged, and sparked why I continued to pursue it.”

Wolf Hall, she says, “feels huge, it feels massive. There’s so much going on.”

As Seymour, she shares many scenes with Mark Rylance as Thomas Cromwell. “The way he works and the energy he gives off, it’s really serious and at the same time it’s joyous,” she says.

Wolf Hall will wrap in August. “It’s this kind of work I want to be involved in… theatre and film and television. I’d be happy if I could carry on like this.”

screendaily

Edited by ‚dafne - 11/12/2014, 00:33

12. Ilithyia Laeta 86

User deleted

Finalmente Jane!
    Anche se affettivamente per me Jane sarà per sempre Annabelle, devo dire che storicamente è più credibile Kate; e mi ricredo anche su Anna: è conturbante e molto affascinante!
    E poi ho notato una licenza sui costumi: hanno rialzato i copricapi sulle orecchie per mostrare gli orecchini e renderli più graziosi. Sono contenta!
    Storia o non storia bisogna sempre ricordarsi che cinema e televisione son delle espressioni artistiche, le visioni dei registi- sceneggiatori- scrittori ecc ecc...Leggevo l'altro giorno, sulla pagina BORGIA ITALIA l'articolo di una giovane storica che ricordava ai "criticoni" che il cinema/televisione/teatro sono visioni artistiche della storia; gli autori scelgono ciò che più li attira a scapito di altre cose (lei era arrabbiata come noi per il personaggio Alfonso di Calabria, ma adorava la coppia Cesare/Lucrezia ed ha lodato Fontana per come l'ha gestita), ma è la loro personale visione e mettersi con il taccuino per contare gli svarioni è una cosa un po' inutile...Io non posso che essere d'accordo, lo ammetto! Da storica, se dovessi contare gli errori di tutto quello che vedo, dovrei abbandonare per sempre il mondo dei Period Drama!

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Questa licenza sui copricapo fa piacere anche a me, essere accurati su quelli mortificherebbe un po' la bellezza delle ragazze francamente, mentre questa via di mezzo è abbastanza accurata senza però coprire del tutto i capelli... Approvo!

Anche per me Annabelle Wallis è la Jane di riferimento ma quella di WH è molto intrigante e spero che lo script e l'attrice le rendano onore! Soooo excited <3

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Qui si parla anche di costumi:

CITAZIONE
    They may have been the crowning glory for any right-thinking Tudor gentleman, but it appears the traditional codpiece may be a little too much for American television viewers.
    The stars of Wolf Hall, the BBC’s new period drama based on the novels of Hilary Mantel, have disclosed they have been issued with “smaller”-than average codpieces, out of respect for viewers' sensibilities.
    Mark Rylance, who stars as Thomas Cromwell in the forthcoming BBC series, said programme-makers had decided on “very small codpieces” which had to be “tucked away”.
    He suggested allowances had been made amid concerns about the taste of modern audiences, particularly in America, who “may not know exactly what’s going on down there”.
    It is one of few concessions permitted by programme-makers, who have otherwise gone to remarkable lengths to ensure historical accuracy, including trips to Shakespeare’s Globe to learn sword-fighting, lessons in etiquette and bowing, and a comprehensive study on spoons

Mantel has given her seal of approval to the production, issuing a statement of glowing praise for how it has been adapted on screen.
    Saying she was pleased programme-makers had resisted the temptation to “patronise” the Tudors to make them “cute”, she said: “My expectations were high and have been exceeded.”

When asked about the costumes in a Q&A to launch the BBC show, alongside actors Damian Lewis and Claire Foy, Rylance said they “did take a while to put on” but praised the overall effect.
    “I think the codpieces are too small,” he added. “I think it was a direction from our American producers PBS [the US public service broadcaster] – they like very small codpieces which always seemed to be tucked away.”
    When asked to clarify, he said: “I wasn’t personally disappointed by the codpieces: I’m a little more used to them than other people from being at the Globe for ten years.
    “But I can see for modern audiences, perhaps more in America, they may not know exactly what’s going on down there.”

Lewis, who plays Henry VIII, hinted there had been some on-set “giggling” over the matter, with the curtain-like effect of the male costumes finally making it a moot point.
    “Codpieces at the time in the Tudor period were a symbol of virility and actually men of the court were encouraged to wear prominent cod pieces,” he said. “It was a symbol of your virility, your derring-do, your sense of adventure.
    “They were encouraged, it was a fashion, and Henry liked them.”
    Colin Callender, the executive producer, later clarified there had been “no hidden codpiece memo” handed down by PBS or the BBC.
    Foy, who plays Anne Boleyn, added costumes had been created and worn with meticulous detail, with no zips or Velcro added for ease and constant vigilance about whether everyone on set had the correct attire.
    As well as teaching the cast to swordfight and being taught the difference between the bows suitable for Henry VIII and Elizabeth I, programme-makers also paid particular attention to who would be joining in the relatively new fashion for using a spoon.
    “We had to make a decision on whether Thomas More was a spoon kind of guy,” Peter Kosminsky, the director, said. “Anne Boleyn went for spoons in a big way.”

The team relied heavily on the scholarship of Hilary Mantel, who spent five years researching the Tudor court before writing the Man Booker Prize-winning novels.
    Peter Straughan, the Oscar-nominated screenwriter, said had known “absolutely nothing” about Tudor history beforehand, joking he had kept a copy of the “Dummies Guide to Elizabethans” on his desk to help him along.
    Callender added he hoped the drama would perfectly suit modern audiences, who have already enjoyed high-tension programmes such as Breaking Bad.
    Referring to Cromwell’s mixed reputation, he said: “Modern audiences are fascinated by characters that cross moral lines, trapped between doing the right thing and surviving.”
    Wolf Hall, a six-part series covering the first two novels of Mantel’s trilogy, is due for broadcast on BBC One in January.

telegraph

Altro articolo ma non si può leggere senza iscrizione, la foto non so se sia nuova!

269ed2f8_817b_11e4_819939b

x

Edited by phèdre - 13/12/2014, 18:00

Advanced Member

Group
    umanisti

Status
    Anonymous
    Articolo sulle lodi della Mantel, che mi rendono molto felice

CITAZIONE
    She issued a sharp warning to the BBC earlier this year not to dumb down and oversimplify history in its adaptation of her bestselling novel Wolf Hall. But the Booker prizewinning author Hilary Mantel has given her seal of approval to the dramatisation of her historical books documenting Thomas Cromwell’s rise to power in Henry VIII’s court.

Speaking at the Cheltenham literary festival earlier this year, Mantel cautioned against forgoing the painstaking historical accuracy of her books for the sake of good television.

“As soon as you decide this is too complicated for the viewer, or history is an inconvenient shape and can’t we just tidy it up a bit, then you fall into a cascade of errors which ends in nonsense,” she said.

However, after a preview screening of the first of six episodes of Wolf Hall, due to be aired on BBC2 early next year, Mantel said while her expectations had been high, the televised drama had exceeded them. She had been impressed, she said by “the concision and coherence of the storytelling, in the originality of the interpretations, in the break from the romantic cliches of the genre: in the wit and style and heart.”

Mantel added: “It’s illuminating, exciting, yet also curious, to see how my imagination matched theirs. Particularly with characters where there is no portrait, where my books had to conjure them from thin air: how would they appear? … Every face seems to me one that Holbein would recognise, even if he didn’t paint it.”

Mantel spent five years researching Wolf Hall and its sequel, Bring Up the Bodies, to ensure her revisionist take on history was entrenched in the real events of the time. Both the scriptwriter, Peter Straughan, and director, Peter Kosminsky, said they had felt a duty to honour this aspect of the novels and consulted Mantel at various stages of the adaptation.

Despite initial plans to make the series in Belgium, the producer, Colin Callender, said that thanks to the recent television tax breaks, they had been able to film in various National Trust houses, many dating to Tudor times and often places where Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn – played in the series by Damian Lewis and Claire Foy – had walked the corridors hundreds of years before. Even the lighting of the BBC production was kept realistic, with most of the night scenes lit only by candles.

Kosminsky said directing Wolf Hall had been one his most daunting projects. “What was so wonderful and liberating was when I met Hilary and she said, ‘If I can give you one piece of advice it’s to remember that these characters do not know that they are in history,’” he recalled. “For them, this is real life. Henry doesn’t know he is going to have six wives, Anne doesn’t know her end. As far as they are concerned, if they make one decision their life goes that way and if they make another decision their life goes in a completely different direction, as it is for us. And that was what we all tried to do, get that feeling – in the shooting style, in the way the costumes worked – that we were making this exactly as if we were shooting a drama today.”

Straughan’s script has remained faithful to Mantel’s books, though he admitted that condensing 1,000 pages into just six episodes had been a challenge. As in print, the television adaptation is as seen through the eyes of Cromwell, played by Mark Rylance, who said: “The fact that Cromwell keeps his thoughts and judgments so close to his chest, doesn’t reveal them and doesn’t show very much – that was very challenging.”

I expect a lot of people who will watch the programme will also have read the books so I wanted to manifest him in some way that would not limit people’s already potent imagination of who Cromwell is, but also make him into a real person.

Rylance, who was artistic director of the Globe theatre for 10 years and is therefore used to the weighty and often impractical Tudor costumes required on the Wolf Hall set, said he had only one complaint about the whole production. “The costumes were pretty good,” he said, “but the codpieces were just too small.”

guardian

In quest'altro si parla soprattutto di regia, e si dice ad esempio che si è girato anche alla sola luce della candele... Cosa che ricordo è stata fatta anche in "Borgia"!

CITAZIONE

wolf_hall_bbc

The director of the six-part series, Peter Kosminsky, who is known for his minute attention to authentic detail, used an Arri Alexa camera to film all the night-time scenes by candlelight.

“With the advent of the Alexa camera it is actually possible to shoot by candlelight,” he said. “One of the extraordinary things was to be in some of these rooms where the characters had stood and to light the rooms as they had been built to be lit – not by floodlights and space lanterns in the ceiling but by candlelight.”

independent

393 replies since 4/7/2013, 11:15   5733 views