Riccardo III e Anne Neville

« Older   Newer »

Advanced Member

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Ieri sono cominciate le celebrazioni per la sepoltura di Richard, che avverrà giovedì.

CITAZIONE
    The cover read “for the reception of the Remains of King Richard III by the grace of God King of England and France and Lord of Ireland.”
    The sermon was by the Roman Catholic cardinal Vincent Nichols, who said Richard was a child of war, who could have known little peace in his short life, but was also “a man of prayer, a man of anxious devotion”.

CITAZIONE
    In 1485 Richard was apparently buried naked, in a position of honour near the altar of the long demolished Greyfriars church, but in a roughly dug grave too short even for his slight frame.

This time, inside the inner lead casket, the bones were laid out and packed into position with English wool and linen, and covered with an unbleached linen cloth, hand-embroidered with his white rose and white boar symbols. A potent symbol of his Catholic faith, rosary beads presented by the historian John Ashdown-Hill, whose research led to the search for the king’s body, were placed in the coffin.

src

CITAZIONE
    In a service last night at Leicester Cathedral, the Archbishop of Westminster, Cardinal Vincent Nichols, said Richard had been a progressive monarch, championing the rights of the people.
    “In his two years as King, he reshaped vital aspects of the legal system, developing presumption of innocence and the practice of granting bail,” said the Archbishop.

x

Un discendente posa una rosa bianca sulla tomba di Richard più altre foto dell'evento
    o0ta3VS

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Ohhh ;__; che bellissime foto, mi son quasi commossa!

2d295634_122d_4607_8e05_3f0ec24b7d25_2060x1373 8fcf8bfd_e3bd_4a49_80e0_3aeaf4bc06d9_2060x1236

bdc86e65_26fd_4fc9_8f3e_3d5bbba39428_2060x1524

x

Ehi ho trovato un articolo caruccio:

CITAZIONE
    Ahead of Richard III’s reburial, how many of these facts did you know about the divisive monarch?

1. At age 7, Richard’s life took its first dramatic turn as he became a Lancastrian prisoner of war alongside his mother and brother.

2. During his teenage years, Richard developed the painful condition of idiopathic scoliosis which scientists believe would have left him with a very brittle and minimal spinal column.

While it would have affected his posture, he would have been able to hide it with heavy clothing, along with his withered arm.

3. His most infamous alleged deed was having his nephews locked in a tower ahead of him becoming king to get them out of the way. This started off the eerie Princes in the Tower legend as, after being stowed away, the nephews were never seen again.

Many suspect that Richard had them executed, the rotter. Even though a man named Robert Tyrrell eventually confessed to the murder on Richard’s orders, historians dispute how genuine this confession was.

So did the monarch get away with murder within his own family or did someone try to frame him? We guess we will never know for sure.

4. Richard had a lot of influence on law that we know and take for granted today. He was the monarch who introduced English as the primary form of communication in courts. Before this, processes were carried out in French or Latin.

5. Even more importantly, he introduced the very first form of legal aid, known as the Court of Requests, where the poor who could not afford legal representation could have their grievances heard.

6. The North was Richard III’s favourite place. In particular, he had a soft spot for York. Don’t we all?

7. Richard III’s elder brother was George Duke of Clarence, a troublesome man who was executed by drowning in his favourite wine. Well if you have to go, there are worse ways.

8. He described Henry Tudor as the Unknown Welshman. Charming. Today that’s like saying nobody has heard of Tom Jones.

9. The border town of Berwick-upon-Tweed has changed hands between Scotland and England 13 times but it was Richard III who recaptured it the final time and it has remained English ever since.

10. He liked a drink (a bottle of wine a day being his favoured tipple) and he had pretty bad teeth, as did many back then, we’d imagine.

11. He had the shortest reign of any monarch since 1066. He was only on the throne for a measly 26 months. He was also the last king to die in battle on British soil and again the first since 1066 when Harold II reputedly took an arrow to the eye in Hastings.

12. At his death, he had a lot of body wounds which suggested that his helmet had fallen off in battle or, that he had worn his crown to battle. Nice idea in terms of style, but foolish when it comes to the ins and outs of the battlefield.

13. Despite his fearsome reputation, Richard III isn’t without defenders. Jane Austen expressed sympathy for the king when she was 16, calling him respectable. She based this fully on the fact that he was a fan of York.

metro

Advanced Member

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    <3 anche una quote che ho riportato sopra accenna alle sue riforme legali.
    CITAZIONE
    along with his withered arm

ma la cosa del withered arm non si è dimostrata falsa con il ritrovamento dello scheletro? owo

Comunque le foto sono splendide, dev'essere stata una cerimonia memorabile ** Altre fotine si trovano sulla pagina fb del Leicester City Council, ce ne sono di bellissime, tipo questa

Ll3IVxb
    la corona sulla tomba, piango T__T

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Nooooo la corona sulla tombaaaa

CITAZIONE
    ma la cosa del withered arm non si è dimostrata falsa con il ritrovamento dello scheletro? owo

Sì quel mito l'avevano sfatato alla fine, aveva solo una spalla più alta dell'altra! (Quando ho letto Shakespeare e soprattutto la Pippa Gregory quella cosa del braccio mi aveva inquietata mica poco)

Articolo sulla dieta di Richard XD

CITAZIONE
    Uno studio forensico, condotto sulle ossa e sui denti dell’ultimo re della dinastia dei plantageneti, Riccardo III, svela inediti e affascinanti dettagli della dieta del crudele sovrano medievale. Lo studio, condotto dall’Università di Leicester è stato appena pubblicato su Journal of Archaeological Science. Denti, femori e coste, sono stati il ‘materiale’ utilizzato per individuare i gusti culinari del re, i cui resti sono stati sottoposti a studi sui radioisotopi.
    In particolare i denti, che si formano durante l’infanzia, hanno confermato che Riccardo III si trasferì dal castello di Fotheringay, nell’Inghilterra dell’Est, all’età di sette anni. Fino ad allora il sovrano aveva soggiornato in una zona caratterizzata da violenti acquazzoni e rocce antiche e aveva modificato la sua dieta, rispetto a quella seguita nel Nortamptonshire, suo luogo di nascita.
    L’esame del femore, che racconta la sua porzione di vita, 15 anni prima della morte, ha rivelato che Riccardo III era tornato nell’Inghilterra orientale in età adolescenziale o da giovane adulto e aveva goduto di una cucina degna della più alta aristocrazia.

Le costole infine, ossa che si rinnovano abbastanza velocemente, raccontano lo spazio della sua vita compreso tra 5 e 2 anni prima della morte. È in questo periodo che la dieta del sovrano ha presentato le più importanti variazioni; Riccardo III, nei suoi ultimi anni di vita si sarebbe cibato soprattutto di pesci d’acqua dolce e uccelli selvatici, come cigni, cicogne, egrette e aironi; da re, avrebbe anche aumentato il consumo di vino. “La chimica dei denti e delle ossa di Riccardo III – commenta la dottoressa Angela Lamb, geochimica degli isotopi e autrice del lavoro – rivela i suoi spostamenti geografici, la composizione della sua dieta e il suo stato sociale, nel corso della sua vita”.
    “Si tratta di una ricerca di grande importanza – sottolinea Richard Buckley archeologo dell’Università di Leicester e responsabile degli scavi che hanno portato alla scoperta del corpo di Riccardo III – che ci ha permesso di chiarire molti aspetti della dieta e dell’ambiente di una figura storica; significative in particolare le variazioni della sua dieta documentate a partire da quando è diventato re, nel 1483”.

x

Comunque credo che Eva Black sia andata a Leicester per le celebrazioni e magari quando torna ci racconta qualcosa :33

Advanced Member

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE
    Sì quel mito l'avevano sfatato alla fine, aveva solo una spalla più alta dell'altra!

Infatti, per questo non capivo perchè l'articolo avesse menzionato il braccio xD

Dall'account twitter di un Ricardian d'eccezione, Richard Armitage
    P51QOKg
    IKYpOv5
    4Ki46Oo

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Ho appena letto su tumblr qualcuno che diceva che Armitage farebbe anche un buon Richard in un eventuale film XD bellino, chissà come mai ha questa fascinazione? Magari essendo del posto?

Advanced Member

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Le fan mi dicono che Armitage è nato il giorno della battaglia di Bosworth, e anche il suo nome forse non è un caso, per questo motivo lui ha sempre detto di voler interpretare Richard solo che Cumberbatch gli ha fregato la parte

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Ooh amore ma era un po' destino allora ;;

Advanced Member

Group
    umanisti

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE
    Actor Cumberbatch to read poem at Richard III reburial

Actor Benedict Cumberbatch is to read a specially written poem at the reburial service for King Richard III.
    Poet Laureate Carol Ann Duffy composed the work for Thursday's ceremony at Leicester Cathedral.
    Cumberbatch, who will play the king in a BBC Two drama, has been identified as a distant cousin, Leicester University said.
    Richard's remains will be laid to rest on Thursday and his tomb inside the cathedral unveiled on Friday.
    The poem, simply called Richard, is described as a "meditation on the impact of his finding and the legacy of his story".

[...] The 14-line poem includes the phrase "grant me the carving of my name" which will finally be achieved with the unveiling of his tomb on Friday.

bbc

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous

tumblr_inline_nltl1rv79w1rr2jq2

Src+Audio
    Video

CITAZIONE
    My bones, scripted in light, upon cold soil,
    a human braille. My skull, scarred by a crown,
    emptied of history. Describe my soul
    as incense, votive, vanishing; you own
    the same. Grant me the carving of my name.

These relics, bless. Imagine you re-tie
    a broken string and on it thread a cross,
    the symbol severed from me when I died.
    The end of time – an unknown, unfelt loss –
    unless the Resurrection of the Dead …

or I once dreamed of this, your future breath
    in prayer for me, lost long, forever found;
    or sensed you from the backstage of my death,
    as kings glimpse shadows on a battleground.

L'arrivo:

Video

Advanced Member

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE
    Grant me the carving of my name.

ç___ç
    Mi pare la frase migliore della poesia tbh xD Ma sono contenta che l'abbia letta Cumberbatch <3

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Gaaah pure io e stava proprio bene <3 non vedo l'ora che esca il nuovo Hollow Crown *_*

Advanced Member

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Il nuovo Hollow Crown non potrà mai arrivare troppo presto *__* Poi sono curiosissima di vedere come lo interpreterà Cumberbatch **

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Stavo collegando l'ereader al pc e me ne hanno presentato un altro:

v7cguIGm

CITAZIONE
    Richard III is a paradox - the most hated of English kings, yet the most beloved, a deeply pious man, yet materialistic to the point of obsession, puritan, yet the father of at least two illegitimate children. This new biography concentrates on the much neglected early part of Richard's life - from his birth in 1452 as a cadet of the House of York to his marriage to the beautiful Anne Neville - and shows how his experiences as the son of an ambitious duke, a prisoner of war, an exile, his knightly training and awe of his elder brother, King Edward IV, shaped the character of England's most controversial monarch. From the insignificant younger brother of a would-be king to Knight of the Garter, duke, respected soldier and loyal supporter to Edward IV, Richard faced extreme danger and heady triumph, poverty and abundance, neglect and acclamation as the House of York rose to the heights of power and propelled him a glorious career at Court.

x

Advanced Member

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Forse questo potrebbe rivelarsi una buona lettura, le recensioni sembrano positive, poichè l'autrice sembra prendere le distanze sia dal Richard superomanticizzato di Kendall che da quello quasi demoniaco di Seward. Il libro arriva fino al 1475, ma viene presentato come Vol. I quindi credo che sia in programma che tratta degli ultimi anni di Richard.

123 replies since 11/3/2013, 15:46   2795 views