Video

Advanced Member

Group
    vice-chancellors

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE
    Interview with Tom Burke, Star of BBC One “Strike” Series

BBC One’s adaptation of Robert Galbraith’s Cormoran Strike series airs later this month, and we recently had the chance to sit down with the actor playing the show’s titular character, Tom Burke.

Burke discussed at length the work he did to get the hang of Strike’s disability, from working with a movement instructor to meeting with people who have the same disability. He wanted to capture it as correctly as possible and really appreciated having a team that had put research into the condition at his side.

Burke says he didn’t have much contact with J.K. Rowling during filming but did end up getting a piece of advice from her that proved quite helpful for getting into character.

I think the thing she said to the script people – the writers and the editors – was he’s never self-pitying. Which was a really helpful thing to have at the forefront of my mind when there is a lot of him on the receiving end of quite a lot of crap. So that was just really good to just always have on my mind. I don’t think she could have said anything more helpful than that, actually.

Burke also thinks the thing that makes Strike different from other detective shows is how they are able to switch the tone and feeling of the episodes from miniseries to miniseries.

I think tonally it’s incredibly varied, and I think the books are incredibly varied, and I think that was something we really didn’t want to lose… And to actually find moments where something can have an abrupt turn from the most extreme ends – comedy to tragedy… tragedy is the wrong word, but something could go from being quite dark to quite absurd or quite absurd to quite moving. I feel like this allowed for that in a really good way, and I feel like we achieved that.

Burke, like his co-star Holliday Grainger, is also excited to see what happens with their relationship as the books go on and enjoyed being able to explore that through the miniseries. He especially enjoyed their relationship during the third miniseries to be released, the episodes covering Career of Evil, the third book in the Cormoran Strike series.

You can read the full interview with Burke below.

Strike premieres on BBC One later this month, and you can read our spoiler-free review of the first episode here.

fonte

Video

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Tom e Holly SHIPPANO.

Credo questo sia il trailer in qualità leggermente migliore:

Video

Advanced Member

Group
    vice-chancellors

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE
    Tom e Holly SHIPPANO.

giphy

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Nuovi stills:

jpg jpg jpg jpg jpg jpg jpg jpg jpg jpg

source & more

Advanced Member

Group
    vice-chancellors

Status
    Anonymous
    Ok, a parte alcune scelte di colori un po' meschine, posso dire che adoro come è vestita ?

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Adoro l'intera color palette, alcune cose sono da vecchina (/segretaria) ma le hanno veramente dato un pacchetto cromatico che le dona da morire!

Also #panettonimottaFTW

CITAZIONE
    La scena in cui lui la regge per le scale prima che scivoli sui gradini è <3 Sono tanto curiosa!

La cosa divertente è che la afferra per un seno. Mi pare le resti anche il livido, o comunque che le faccia male per un po'.

Advanced Member

Group
    umanisti

Status
    Anonymous
    Per sbaglio, al posto di modificare il post di prima l'ho eliminato. Chiedo venia, sono proprio sbadata a quest'ora! =(

CITAZIONE
    La cosa divertente è che la afferra per un seno.

Non ci avevo fatto caso, solo adesso ho visto la scena successiva! :O Però la SHIP ci sta tutta <3
    Holly è bellissima come sempre! Sono contenta non l'abbiano truccata TROPPO, perché la trovo molto più raffinata così! **

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Credo non si noti, me lo ricordo dal libro. Però sì nella scena successiva si capisce!

Advanced Member

Group
    vice-chancellors

Status
    Anonymous
    Sì, lui nel libro l'afferra per un seno, nel tentativo di salvarla (cosa che effettivamente fa), ma provocandole un dolore considerevole T_T E' un incontro un po' "burrascoso".

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE
    Later this month, BBC One’s adaptation of Robert Galbraith’s Strike premieres on television, and we had a chance to sit down with Holliday Grainger, who plays Robin Ellacot, and chat about her experience working on the show.

Speaking effusively about her role, Grainger believes everyone has a bit of Robin in them. While reading the books and later the script, she couldn’t help but feel like she was really meant to play the part and subsequently really enjoyed getting a chance to dive into Robin’s backstory and her characterizations.

Everyone is wondering how much contact Grainger had with J.K. Rowling during production, but Grainger says not a lot. She was aware of edits J.K. Rowling had made to the scripts, and there were notes passed down to the actors through other producers, but she wasn’t very hands-on and didn’t offer any insight into Robin’s character.

I think she does write in such a way that is just so clear. I mean, we all love the world of Harry Potter because it’s so meticulously written and well-rounded and believable, and it’s whole and it’s solid. And the same with the characters in the Strike series – it’s like we know who Strike is and we know who Robin is. And I think that there’s a clarity in that that really doesn’t need much discussion.

As for stunts in the show, Grainger was more than thrilled to do them. She recalls her favorite moment on set, driving around in the woods in Robin’s Land Rover and filming a car chase for a later episode. She likened it to driving a go-kart but in a real car, and she really enjoyed being able to “get out from behind [her] desk.”

For everyone wondering which Harry Potter House Robin would be Sorted into, Grainger has contemplated it and come up with an answer for us!

The Sorting Hat would probably have a bit of a chat to itself about whether to put her in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. Had she have been Sorted before uni, she’d have probably been put in Ravenclaw. But if she’d been Sorted after uni, she would be put in Gryffindor.

You can read the full transcript of the interview below, although there are spoilers in it from the later Cormoran Strike novels. Don’t forget – Strike premieres on BBC One later this month, and we have a spoiler-free review of the first episode!

Holliday a Mugglenet, che ha anche la trascrizione di tutta l'intervista per chi fosse interessato!

Advanced Member

Group
    vice-chancellors

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE
    The Sorting Hat would probably have a bit of a chat to itself about whether to put her in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. Had she have been Sorted before uni, she’d have probably been put in Ravenclaw. But if she’d been Sorted after uni, she would be put in Gryffindor.

Una risposta da vera Potterhead u_u

Advanced Member

Group
    vice-chancellors

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE
    Ok, a parte alcune scelte di colori un po' meschine, posso dire che adoro come è vestita ?

Poi è troppo bella in abiti "non period", non finirò mai di stupirmene.

CITAZIONE

Una di noi <3

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Ma in realtà come diceva il saggio: when people say that they’re Ravenclaw they really think they’re Gryffindor, but they don’t want to sound too braggy.

116 replies since 28/8/2016, 18:29   1544 views