Holliday Grainger: New role accents range of actress

« Older   Newer »

1. marie.

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Holliday Grainger is her generation’s big-screen corset queen.

The 25-year-old British actress has poured herself into glorious — and gloriously painful — period garb for films such as Jane Eyre (2011); the Showtime series The Borgias (2011-13); and, most recently, a film adaptation of Great Expectations.

Along the way, she has several times crossed paths with her predecessor, Helena Bonham Carter, with whom she co-starred in Magnificent 7 (2005), among others.

“If anyone wants to compare me to Helena, that’s very fine with me,” Grainger said.

Grainger and Bonham Carter play Anastasia and the Fairy Godmother, respectively, in Cinderella, for which filming is underway. But, in Mike Newell’s adaptation of the Charles Dickens classic Great Expectations, they’re cast as the manipulative Estella and the woman who adopted her, Miss Havisham.

Grainger will also appear in the upcoming cable movie Bonnie & Clyde, in which she plays outlaw Bonnie Parker. The film is to be shown Dec. 8-9 on A&E, Lifetime and History.

For Bonnie & Clyde, she leaps ahead about a century. The four-hour miniseries casts her alongside Emile Hirsch as Parker’s lover and partner in crime, Clyde Barrow.

Grainger goes full moll, robbing banks, brandishing a machine gun and speaking in a Texas accent. The role, she said, “terrified” her heading into the shoot.

“When I got the phone call saying I’d gotten the part, I was thrilled — and then fear set in. I was like ‘These Americans I’ve never met are trusting me to play an American icon. I hope they like my American accent.’”

Though new to American television, the actress made her TV debut at age 6 on the 1994 BBC series All Quiet on the Preston Front. She has been working since.

source

0 replies since 20/11/2013, 14:47   63 views