Ludovico "il Moro" Sforza e Beatrice d'Este

« Older   Newer »

1. ‚dafne

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    Un episodio dolcissimo che la dice lunga sul carattere di Beatrice, scusate se è in inglese ma lo trovo solo così. Da una lettera del Moro a Isabella:

CITAZIONE
    "And since those illustrious duchesses [Beatrice d'Este e Isabella d'Aragona] took it into their heads to return again to the Certosa, they went back there yesterday morning, and when it was time for them to return, I went out to meet them, and found that both duchesses and all their ladies were dressed in Turkish costumes. These disguises were invented by my wife, who had all the dresses made in one night! It seems that when they began to set to work about noon yesterday, the Duchess of Milan could not contain her amazement at seeing my wife sewing with as much vigour and energy as any old woman. And my wife told her that, whatever she did, whether it were jest or earnest, she liked to throw her whole heart into it and try and do it as well as possible. Certainly in this case she succeeded perfectly, and the skill and grace with which she carried out her idea gave me indescribable pleasure and satisfaction."

Dalla bio di Beatrice scritta da Julie Cartwright

31 replies since 14/3/2013, 15:32   1796 views