Drama About Space Shuttle Challenger Tragedy

JOANNE

« Older   Newer »

1. xcusemymonkey

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Gabriel Bouys/AFP/Getty Images
    William Hurt will star in the co-production, which will detail the hunt to find out why the mission blew up, killing all on board in 1986.

LONDON -- The BBC has teamed with Science Channel to produce a one-off biographical drama starring William Hurt centered as scientist Richard Feynman on his search for truth in the wake of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster
    OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

William Hurt to Star in Science Channel/BBC Challenger Docu-Drama (Exclusive)
    Discovery Communications Renames Science Channel
    Feynman was instrumental in uncovering the truth behind the 1986 crash of NASA's reusable spacecraft.
    Hurt will star alongside Bruce Greenwood (Thirteen Days), Brian Dennehy (First Blood), Joanne Whalley (The Borgias), Kevin McNally (Wuthering Heights), Henry Goodman (Notting Hill) and Eve Best (The King’s Speech).
    James Hawes (Doctor Who) directs from a script by Kate Gartside (Mistresses).

When Challenger exploded 73 seconds into its flight on the morning of Jan. 28, 1986, it represented one of the most shocking events in the history of space exploration.
    A presidential commission was convened to explore what had gone wrong, but with the vast complexity of the space shuttle and so many vested interests involved in the investigation, discovering the truth was a nearly impossible challenge.
    The drama tells the tale from Feynman's perspective.
    Kim Shillinglaw, BBC commissioning editor, science and natural history, said: "This is the gripping story of a brilliant physicist’s battle for scientific truth in the dark corridors of big government. With an impressive cast, including award-winning actor William Hurt, it promises to be a powerful factual drama for BBC Two and part of our mission to make science programs ever more surprising and ambitious."
    Debbie Myers, GM and executive vp of Science Channel, added: "The Challenger disaster represents an indelible moment in American history. Anyone who is old enough to recall it remembers exactly where they were then this terrible tragedy occurred."
    Filming begins this month, and the program is due to air on BBC Two in 2013.

x

CITAZIONE
    Film Tv BCC/Science Channel: William Hurt e Bruce Greenwood saranno i protagonisti di un film tv, ancora senza titolo, che cercherà di raccontare le possibili cause dell’esplosione del Challenger Space Shuttle del 1986. Gli attori vestiranno i panni rispettivamente del fisico Richard Feynman e del generale Donald Kutina. Nella fiction vedremo anche Brian Dennehy nel ruolo del presidente della commissione William Rogers, e Joanne Whalley che interpreterà la moglie di Feynman.
    Jo: Fox International ha acquistato i diritti per trasmettere la crime serie di René Balcer in 120 nazioni (anche in Italia). La fiction francese, ma recitata in inglese, dal titolo originale Le Grand, racconta la storia di un detective veterano della Criminal Brigade di Parigi, interpretato da Jean Reno, che non si ferma davanti a niente e a nessuno per risolvere i casi di omicidio più complessi. Tra gli interpreti della serie figurano anche Jill Hennessy, Tom Austen e Heida Reed. Tra i registi che hanno diretto gli episodi della prima stagione figurano anche Charlotte Sieling e Kristoffer Nyholm (già registi del The Killing danese), Stefan Schwartz (Dexter) e Sheree Folkson (Hit And Miss).

x

2. marie.

User deleted

Devo ammettere che solo una fiction sull'allevamento di bestiame nel Turkmenistan può interessarmi di meno ;_; Joanne, fatti vedere altrove!

3. xcusemymonkey

User deleted

Ci sono altri 8439843984934839 articoli tutti uguali, evito.

2 replies since 4/11/2012, 09:54   47 views