Il diario segreto di Lucrezia Borgia (Lucrèce Borgia), Joachim Bouflet

« Older   Newer »

1. + Sylla +

User deleted

c'era ieri alla libreria... li per un pò son stata tentata, ma son conenta di non averlo fatto... ne ho abbastanza di romanzi semi inventati....

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    C'è una preview su google books per chi volesse dare un'occhiata preventiva!

3. jborgia

User deleted

5T5yfERs 3aAudxes

Will you advise me the book? Is it good?

4. marie.

User deleted

I think it depends on how you see Lucrezia: here she's so pure and chaste, a saint and a victim of her family. And it may depend on the way you see Cesare too, cause he's depicted as a ruthless and sick psychopath whom she basically hates and wants to stay away from (although at the beginning she may be a bit attracted to him). Overall it's very documented and pretty well written, but its characterisations may leave a bit puzzled... Oh, and it's pretty focused on Ferrara! Because Lucrezia recalls her life as she's dying, so this is all about letting her children know who their mother was and blabla. Ask away for any doubts =)

5. jborgia

User deleted

I read an excerpt with Alfonso d'Este had a mistress also. Yes, I admit that the vision of Cesare with Lucrezia, I dislike enough. It seemed to me interesting, but at the same time, I hesitate too much, for fear of being disappointed. :/

6. marie.

User deleted

Which is how I feel about any Borgia novel now ;__; well I read this two years ago, so I don't really recall everything, but at least I remember it was accurate. It's just some tiny things (being a huge CL shipper) like (spoiler XD)
    Cesare attempting to rape Lucrezia
    made me go HUGENONO.
    Anyways, if it's not expensive (about five euros here XD) it may be worth a try.

7. jborgia

User deleted

Omfg. What ? X) Me too, being CxL .It's scary. xD So yes, I think I'll wait to see if it isn't too expensive on the sites. (ebay, priceminister..) Thank you :)

8. marie.

User deleted

Oddly enough I can't seem to find any extract in French =(

9. jborgia

User deleted

perhaps here ?

10. marie.

User deleted

Oh good that you found it, so you can have a look!

11. jborgia

User deleted

I read a little. That's where I saw it said that Alfonso d'Este was probably with his mistress. But with what you told me of Cesare. Omg. xD Really? I'll try to find not it too expensive, but I think I turn to another book on Lucrezia Borgia of Fred Berence or Rene Guerdan, Anne Marie Cabrini (Is there a subject to speak about books which are not in the list? I would not like to pollute the subject here, sorry)

12. marie.

User deleted

Don't worry it's fine, I'm not even sure we have all those books in here (we do make threads with stuff that wasn't translated in Italy, but we often miss some XD). Personally I'm not into historical novels, because I make an idea about the characters and it gets annoying when I find a different one. If you read "The Borgia Bride" it's almost impossible to like Sancia, for instance. I don't know the books you mentioned so I can advise something I did read, idk, you may like "The Borgias" by Sarah Bradford although it's not really easy to find.

Oh I almost forgot! I've always been curious about this one: Les Borgia : Roman d'une famille, which is French!

13. jborgia

User deleted

Yes, I understand. I admit that I like reading passages " of love " of Lucrezia and Cesare. That makes dream, even if it is fictitious. Unfortunately, I would, but I think Sarah Bradford's books are in English, I'm having trouble.

I believe that they are books biographies or history, but I am always undecided with books, because I am afraid of being disappointed.

The book is classified in foreign literature. There is of the incest, I believe, it is a novel.

The books of Lucrezia I have are of Maria Bellonci and Genevieve Chastanet. (and Mario Puzo, Danny Saunders ..)

Lucrèce Borgia - Fred Berence
    Lucrèce Borgia: Crimes et Passions au Temps de la Renaissance (roman) - Anne-Marie Cabrini
    Lucrèce Borgia, mon amie (Cesar Borgia, le prince Machiavel) - Rene Guerdan
    Lucrèce Borgia, l’Amour maudit - D. Peyrouzet
    Lucrece Borgia - Jean Plaidy

Group
    pope

Status
    Anonymous
    These titles sound so interesting *w* gonna look for them to improve my poooor French! I'm liking this one in particular:
    CITAZIONE
    Lucrèce Borgia: Crimes et Passions au Temps de la Renaissance (roman) - Anne-Marie Cabrini

Bellonci's by far my favourite though; Chastenet... not my cup of tea.

15. jborgia

User deleted

QUOTE (‚dafne @ 14/3/2013, 13:44) 
    These titles sound so interesting *w* gonna look for them to improve my poooor French! I'm liking this one in particular:

Bellonci's by far my favourite though; Chastenet... not my cup of tea.

I would have to improve my English to read a whole book xD
    Genevieve Chastenet - Lucrece et les borgias. You read it? I haven't read it yet, but it seemed to me well

He is good? (Lucrèce Borgia: Crimes et Passions au Temps de la Renaissance (roman) - Anne-Marie Cabrini)

47 replies since 17/3/2011, 12:16   1524 views